DWG TrueView
Welcome to Autodesk’s DWG Trueview Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular DWG Trueview topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWG Trueview Issue - Flashing and bugging

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
akos.dk
1971 Views, 12 Replies

DWG Trueview Issue - Flashing and bugging

Hi,

I am trying to view some .dwg files, and anything I open, regardless it is from AutoCAD or Revit, it just keeps flashing when I move the cursor or zoom in/out, and the cursor is leaving permanent trails, altogehter making it impossible even to measure a distance between two lines. Se a video of it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMG3oyJW-2o&feature=youtu.be

What to do to get it normal?

Thanks, Akos

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
ukdxb012
in reply to: akos.dk

Hi and welcome to the community!

Could you tell me what Graphics Card you are currently using and what is the Driver version of the card?

You could try adding the /nohardware switch to the DWG Trueview Shortcut to see if it removes the problem.

Select the Shortcut, right click and select Properties, then in Target, add /no hardware

06-11-2014 14-04-46.png

Once doen, select Apply and then open DWG Trueview and test the drawings again.

Good Luck!

Duncan Brannan
UK/EMEIA CAD Operations Manager
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 13
akos.dk
in reply to: ukdxb012

Hi,

Thank you for your fast reply, the issue is unfortunately still present after adding /nohardware after the target field in the properties.

My Graphic Cards are "Intel HD Graphics 3000" and "Nvidia Quadro 1000M"

Device drivers versions:

Intel: 9.17.10.3040

Nvidia: 9.18.13.1110

Message 4 of 13
ukdxb012

Try disabling the Intel Graphics in the Bios... http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/AutoCAD...

Duncan Brannan
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 5 of 13
akos.dk
in reply to: ukdxb012

Hi,

No success unfortunately. It is not possible to disable videocards in the BIOS (I have a Dell m4600 laptop). I have also tried the Nvidia Control Panel, to specifiy what graphic card the program is using. Also reinstalled the program, no change. It is really frustrating, because the 2014 vesrion was working fine, but then I have reinstalled windows, and downloaded the 2015 version.

Message 6 of 13
akos.dk

Any other tipps for this issue?

Message 7 of 13
pendean

DWGTrueview 2014 download links can be found in this post:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/TrueView-download/m-p/4427763#M68123

Message 8 of 13
akos.dk
in reply to: pendean

This does not help me a lot, I have already reinstalled the newest version. Please don't spam.

Message 9 of 13
ukdxb012

Have you tried viewing the same files in A360 or AutoCAD 360? Both are useful alternatives for viewing DWG files for free.

Alternatively as a possible fix, have you tried setting the Monitor your using as the primary screen. I've seen graphic related issues with Revit that were caused by Revit being used on a monitor that was acting as the secondary screen not the primary. The primary was the laptop screen. Switching them over or running the program on the primary screen resolved the issue.

Other than that, I would still look into disabling the Intel on board graphics through the Bios.

Duncan Brannan
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 10 of 13
pendean

Misuse of the word spam: you asked for a real fix.

DTV2015 is buggy on some systems, all related to the new graphics engine design in all 2015 AutoCAd variants. If you want to mess aorund and waste time/money doing so, Duncan kindly provide you with options to do so.

DTV2014 works for almost everyone by contrast. Or explore A360/AutoCAD360 as alternate solutions.

"latest" is sometimes not good enough for everyone: you seem to be a candidate.

Message 11 of 13
akos.dk
in reply to: pendean

Thanks a lot for your answers, I appreciate the help you guys are giving. I am gonna try all the suggestions, and come with a reply.

Sorry for using the spam word, but it really looked like a spam - kind of a random link without explanation. Now I understand why you suggested the download and moreover why to download it. I also wasn't clear over the fact that the newest version is buggy on some systems. 🙂

Sincerely, Akos

Message 12 of 13
akos.dk

This Autodesk 360 seems to work fine, thanks a lot for the help!

Message 13 of 13
ukdxb012

Glad A360 is working out for you 🙂

Duncan Brannan
Twitter | LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report