DWG TrueView
Welcome to Autodesk’s DWG Trueview Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular DWG Trueview topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWG trueview converting to autocad 2010 issues

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
mdeamore
2059 Views, 1 Reply

DWG trueview converting to autocad 2010 issues

I recieved a drawing that was in autocad 2014 and the latest verizon i have is autocad 2010.  So i was told to download Autodesk DWG trueview 2014 and use it to convert to a older version of autocad.  I use the DWG convert and select the 2010 cad and drawing as told but when i open it in Autocad 2010 certain things are missing in the drawing.  For example there are exterior walls and interior walls missing but are shown in the drawing when i have it opened in the Trueview 2014.  Any ideas or solutions?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
pendean
in reply to: mdeamore

IMHO Ask the file creator to "save as autocad" to knock down their custom AEC content to plain AutOCAD object types (if that is what those objects are created with). the free viewer is not the best tool to do so.

If that's not an option, set the DWGCONVERT tool inside DTV to export to 2000 ro even R14 format and remember to uncheck the "maintain visual fidelity" box when you go into the setup option.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report