DWG TrueView
Welcome to Autodesk’s DWG Trueview Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular DWG Trueview topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWG Trueview 2015 won't install on Win7 x64

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mrcross
10007 Views, 3 Replies

DWG Trueview 2015 won't install on Win7 x64

OS is Win7 Pro SP1 64 bit

Trying to install DWG Trueview. The sfx file appeared to download properly and has been extracted into C:\Autodesk

setup.exe is in C:\Autodesk\SetupDWGTrueView2015_ENU_64bit, the folder contents look normal

If I double click on setup.exe I get the normal "Do you want to run this file?" dialog. If I click "Run" teh dioalog disappears but nothing runs. Checking Task Manager confirms that there is no install running

If I right-click on setup.exe and choose "run as administrator" I get nothing, not even the normal "Do you want to run this file?" dialog. Again nothing runs and this is confirmed in Task Manager.

I can see in SETUP.INI "INSTALL_PATH=%ProgramFiles%\Autodesk" and confirm that this folder is NOT being created, it does not exist.

Any ideas?

Running AVG Internet Security Business Edition. I've tried temporarily disabling it and  it makes no difference.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pmwright9401
in reply to: mrcross

I just ran into this issue myself - when I went into C:\Autodesk\SetupDWGTrueView2015_ENU_64bit, I dug further into the x64\dwgviewr folder inside and tried to run the dwgviewr.exe file.  I immediately got an error saying that I needed to install additional DirectX components to continue.

I downloaded the dxwebsetup file from Microsoft, ran it, and let it install additional components.  When it was done, DWG TrueView 2015 let me continue to install without the "incompatible OS" error message.  Hope this helps 🙂

Message 3 of 4
DarrenP
in reply to: pmwright9401

it sounds like you have extra security enabled on that machine either through permissions or something else

it works fine here on Windows 7 64 bit

it does not ask me if i want to run the file

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
r_baker11
in reply to: DarrenP

Spoiler
had a similar experience with DWG Trueview on Windows 8. Finally found if you download the file to your computer & then run in compatability mode it installs without problems. Hope this helps

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report