DWG TrueView
Welcome to Autodesk’s DWG Trueview Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular DWG Trueview topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWG TrueView 2015 - Installation error when opening MS Word

54 REPLIES 54
Message 1 of 55
tuxOnWindows
18463 Views, 54 Replies

DWG TrueView 2015 - Installation error when opening MS Word

Hello, I'm running into an installation issue with DWG TrueView 2015 and Microsoft Word 2010. After installing TrueView as administrator, I can open Word as administrator without issue. But when the user opens Word, he recives an error that the installation of DWG True requires Admin privileges, which the user purposely does not have. The user is able to use DWG TrueView for their purposes despite this error in Word, but doesn't want to deal with this popup everytime Word is opened. Is there a way to disable the Word integration?

I have already tried repairing DWG TrueView as well as removing the available features, then restarting Word as the user, but still receive this error. I also poked around the user's %appdata%\Autodesk directory for a configuration file to alter this behavior & the users registry for a setting to change, but didn't find anything.

54 REPLIES 54
Message 21 of 55
RackoWacko
in reply to: dhunziker

Windows 8.1 is the operating system with Word Office 2010
Message 22 of 55
m_latz
in reply to: RackoWacko

I've made a windows installer "hotfix" to solve this issue, but not tested with windows 8.1.

If a windows installer (.msi) is an option for you I will test on windows 8.1.

regards

Markus

Message 23 of 55
in reply to: m_latz

Hi Markus,

Could you share with us your Hotfix, please ?

Thanks

Message 24 of 55
m_latz
in reply to: 5070000671

here is the "hotfix"

to run you need "Adminstrative rights" because I have to modify a registry key under HKLM.

Try it, if you have problems let me know.

Just tested with TrueView 2015 32/64-Bit English. French und Japanese is not tested.

If necessary let me know, then I will test ...

regards

Markus

Some additional technical notes:

• this basic msi package is created with InstallShield 2013.
  • Admin-rights are required, because I have to modify under HKLM HKLM).
  • Is a 32-Bit MSI, which runs on 32-Bit OS and 64-Bit OS and according the TrueView installation to 32/64-Bit switches. This makes a 64-Bit msi package obsolete.
  • The package installs the file „Dummy.txt“ to „Public Documents\Autodesk\webservices“ and adapts the necessary (32/64) registry keys.
  • Uninstalling the packages undo the modifications.
  • Log-files were created in the %temp% folder.
  • runs in „silent mode“ with: msiexec /i LcsTv2015WsFix.msi /qn
  • Normally the fix should be applied after the installation of TrueView 2015 and uninstalled before the uninstall of TrueView. But if not damage nothing.
Message 25 of 55
dhunziker
in reply to: tuxOnWindows

It runs with your msi also on 8.1
Message 26 of 55

Hi,

the problem ligt to an unsigned macro that is provided during the installation.

You can solve this Problem very simple. Open Word, (click ok at the error message), go to File -> options -> security Center - > Security Center Properties -> Add-Ins and selcet the options "all add-ins must trusted sigend ... " and "disable untrusted add-ins ...".  Then the message did not displayed any more.

Your alsow can do this with GPO.

BR Tom

Tags (1)
Message 27 of 55
rmack
in reply to: tuxOnWindows

I'm having the same issue.  Did anyone find a resolution for this?

Message 28 of 55
dhunziker
in reply to: rmack

rmack schrieb:

I'm having the same issue.  Did anyone find a resolution for this?

Hello rmack

Please see the attachement from Valued Contributor

It ist a security issue whit folder permisson. The attachment moves the file to a place where DWG can write in it

regards

Message 29 of 55
gunmanwar

I can't grab the attachment.

Can you tell me how the fix the permission problem ?

Message 30 of 55
gunmanwar
in reply to: gunmanwar

I've finaly found the solution that works with non privileged rights. (Windows 7 Ent. x64/Office 2010 x86/DWG True View 2015)

In the registry (in admin user account), locate the following key :

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Components\0BE1E073FE407084B86554265447378B

Open the subkey "7D2F3875820EC040100000060BECB6AB" and edit the path to link one that have public access to "WebServices" folder that contains "Dummy.txt" file.

To define the good path, seach in your Explorer for the folder "WebServices" that contains the files "Dummy.txt" and copy the folder in a location where that have public access.

In my case, I've found the file in "C:\Users\"myadminuser"\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\WebServices", copy the folder to "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk" then change the value of subkey to "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\WebServices\Dummy.txt" (without quotes) and it solves the problem.

Now, all users with normal rights can now open MS Word without the warning message of DWG TrueView.

In my case, the path in the subkey does not even exist so it was impossible to reach it. Also, normal users haven't rights to access that place.

2015-07-16 09_33_57-Éditeur du Registre.jpg

After changes :

2015-07-16 10_17_57-MMTQ000-000430 - Connexion Bureau à distance.jpg

Message 31 of 55
Anonymous

Have the same issure with TrueView 2016 and 2017, but this solution does not work.

Message 32 of 55
dhunziker
in reply to: Anonymous

Do you use a domain or a workgroup?

Message 33 of 55
Anonymous

In a domain, if you know any registry key to disable, I can use a group policy.
Message 34 of 55
dhunziker

we had this issue now whit different software. But not on all devices. Are you Abel to reinstall DWG TW? Normally it is on the deployment from AutoCAD.

Message 35 of 55
Anonymous

Our application that handles several files with office-extensions. The application looks on start for default for several file extensions, that seems to triggers the message. Have you use 2015 or later version of DWG TV ?
Message 36 of 55
m_latz

The reason of the problem is always the same, but with different components.

Normal behavior some errors are removed with next version and new errors are added 😉

Check in your event viewer Windows Logs->Application for messages from the windows installer and post here. Are even better export to .evtx and upload, then I will check ...

regards

Markus

Message 37 of 55
Anonymous
in reply to: m_latz

First attachment is from installation by admin.

Second is from user when starting app.

Message 38 of 55
gunmanwar

What's your context ?

Juste a new installation of DWG TV 2016 or 2017 or an upgrade ?

Message 39 of 55
Anonymous

I have done a new installation with 2016, then have cleaned and done new installation of 2017.

Message 40 of 55
m_latz

Hello Mr. feberman,

yes that's the error I noticed during my TrueView 2016/2017 tests.

It's a few months ago I fixed this, before I distributed the TrueView package for a customer.

For your solution just one question:

Is the package already distributed to your client pc's or not ?

I ask, because if not yet distributed, I can make a transformation, so that fixed before install. If it is already distributed, we have to make a patch as for TrueView 2015, that you have to install as admin. Or I can explain which registry keys you have to modify. Then you can also distribute through GPO or whatever ...

But not today I have to finish some other urgent work ...

regards

Markus

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report