DWG TrueView
Welcome to Autodesk’s DWG Trueview Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular DWG Trueview topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWG TrueView 2015 - Installation error when opening MS Word

54 REPLIES 54
Message 1 of 55
tuxOnWindows
18315 Views, 54 Replies

DWG TrueView 2015 - Installation error when opening MS Word

Hello, I'm running into an installation issue with DWG TrueView 2015 and Microsoft Word 2010. After installing TrueView as administrator, I can open Word as administrator without issue. But when the user opens Word, he recives an error that the installation of DWG True requires Admin privileges, which the user purposely does not have. The user is able to use DWG TrueView for their purposes despite this error in Word, but doesn't want to deal with this popup everytime Word is opened. Is there a way to disable the Word integration?

I have already tried repairing DWG TrueView as well as removing the available features, then restarting Word as the user, but still receive this error. I also poked around the user's %appdata%\Autodesk directory for a configuration file to alter this behavior & the users registry for a setting to change, but didn't find anything.

54 REPLIES 54
Message 2 of 55
in reply to: tuxOnWindows

Hello,

I have the same issue on all my computers with DWG TrueView 2015 and Word 2013 !

I tried to repair and reinstall but nothing works.

Do you find a solution ?

Thanks

Message 3 of 55
tuxOnWindows
in reply to: 5070000671

No, I did not. The only way around this is to either uninstall DWG TrueView 2015 or give the user local admin rights. 

Message 4 of 55

Thank you for your answer.
It's not a very good solution and I hope Autodesk can give us another one 😉
Message 5 of 55
m_latz

Which configuration is it ?

TrueView 2015 32 Bit or 64 Bit ?

Office 2010 32 Bit or 64 Bit ?

regards

Markus

Message 6 of 55
tuxOnWindows
in reply to: m_latz

My configuration is TrueView 2015 64 bit with Office 2010 32 bit installed on Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.
Message 7 of 55
m_latz

Tried on a test machine with your scenario and worked. But my test machine was "clean".

So to investigate, can you please activate full msi logging on your machine and try with a normal user that run into this error. Then in the %temp% folder you have detailed msi log files which I can analyze. Post the log files as zip archive.

To temporarily activate full msi logging you have to create the following registry keys:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Installer

string value key: "Logging" with value "voicewarmupx" (REG_SZ)

dword value key "Debug" with value 7 (REG_DWORD)

should look like this:

9-15-2014 8-11-29 PM.png

The screenshot is from the "wow" node, but the keys are reflected. So put at one location and they are (normally) mirrored to the other location

regards

Markus

Message 8 of 55
m_latz

Sorry screenshot is wrong, should be:

9-16-2014 5-05-40 PM.png

Message 9 of 55
WallaceTheNoble

I have this same problem with two users. Installation prompts every time Word 2007 is opened. We're on Windows 7 and Office 2007 32-bit.

I have tried repair and reinstall. They are high-end users so unfortunately I can't install msi logging.

Is there a fix for this?

Message 10 of 55

Any solutions here yet? Did Autodesk provide a response? 

Message 11 of 55

No solution for the moment for me 😞

Message 12 of 55
ukdxb012
in reply to: 5070000671

I've seen issues like this before. Have you tried creating the user a new Windows Profile and making sure that UAC settings are off? Make sure to run everything when installing as Administrator and "Run As Administrator".

Duncan Brannan
UK/EMEIA CAD Operations Manager
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 13 of 55
m_latz

I think I have found a problem which creates the scenario you have. To check please follow my screen shot and post your error messages here. For my case the solutions is a little hotfix. If your problem is the same I can post the hotfix.

PTV-10-13-2014 4-55-24 PM.png

regards

Markus

Message 14 of 55
dhunziker

hello m.latz

we just updated more than 200 pc`s. Windows 7 pro /32 and 64 bit. We run in the same issue as writen at the top. could you help us quickly?
regards
Daniel
Message 15 of 55
m_latz
in reply to: dhunziker

Please activate the MSI logging as described in my last post, do whatever you have to do that you run into the error and send me then the MSI*.log files from the %temp% folder.

Please zip the files.

regards

Markus

Message 16 of 55
dhunziker

I can`t upload any file. could you provide me a link to do that.
Message 17 of 55
RackoWacko

I am having the same problem. Attached is the information I think m.latz stated to post for additional help. Thank you for any help or direction anyone can provide.

Message 18 of 55
dhunziker
in reply to: RackoWacko

Good mornig Racko Wacko

Please send me your email adress. I`ll send you the two files to solve the problem. Do you use 32 or 64 bis Windoews 7?

Regards

Message 19 of 55
m_latz
in reply to: RackoWacko

If your problem is solved let me know.

regards

Markus

Message 20 of 55
dhunziker

on my side it works now.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report