DWG TrueView
Welcome to Autodesk’s DWG Trueview Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular DWG Trueview topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWG TrueView 2015 and earlier ignoring plot style table configuration

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
r.robert.bell
926 Views, 3 Replies

DWG TrueView 2015 and earlier ignoring plot style table configuration

I've discovered that even though you can alter DWG TrueView's options to use name-based plot style tables, that when you close the application and reopen it, it reverts to color-based plot style tables.

Even setting PStylePolicy in the registry does not alter this behavior. As soon as the application runs the registry is updated to use PStylePolicy=1 instead of PStylePolicy=0.

I would call this a bug. If a firm uses name-based plot styles then they should be able to configure DWG TrueView to use name-based plot styles by default.

Note that, as long as you don't close the application, you change change the setting in Options and it sticks. It's only when the application launches that the value is overwritten.

R. Robert Bell
BIM Manager
Stantec
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ukdxb012
in reply to: r.robert.bell

I tested this and your right however, is this not a setting purely for new drawings and new objects which technically Trueview cannot create.

If the drawing has been configured correctly in the authoring software, it should specify either ctb or stb when you come to Plot.

Duncan Brannan
UK/EMEIA CAD Operations Manager
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 4
r.robert.bell
in reply to: ukdxb012

Duncan,

That's not entirely true. The purpose of that setting is to deal with drawings that are not using the AutoCAD 2000 or later plotting settings. Think really old legacy drawings or DWGs produced by non-Autodesk applications.

When a drawing is opened by DWG TrueView that does not have "new" plotting settings then the options are read to assign default plotting settings. We are a named-based plotting shop. We need legacy drawings to be assigned default name-based plotting settings. When DWG TrueView automatically changes my configuration back to color-based plotting this negatively affects my users and they produce incorrect looking plots.

R. Robert Bell
BIM Manager
Stantec
Message 4 of 4
ukdxb012
in reply to: r.robert.bell

To that extent then yes you are right but I haven't personally dealt with a DWG that old for a very long time... now i can totally understand where you are coming from and the frustration of the change not sticking in the registry.

Duncan Brannan
UK/EMEIA CAD Operations Manager
Twitter | LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report