DWG TrueView
Welcome to Autodesk’s DWG Trueview Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular DWG Trueview topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWG TrueView 2013 crash after loading DWG

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
mdamen
23332 Views, 13 Replies

DWG TrueView 2013 crash after loading DWG

After loading a DWG file TrueView crashes with the following error message:

---------------------------
Error Report – Required Value Missing
An Autodesk product failed to send the required value for UPITOKEN.
The error report sent to Autodesk may be incomplete.
OK

Has anyone seen this error before? The drawing does show up but TrueView crashes instantly.

I have packaged/sequenced TrueView as an App-V package by following these instructions: http://www.viridisit.se/eng/blog/sequence-dwg-trueview-2012/

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
DanCotta6456
in reply to: mdamen

I'm having the same problem.  After having multiple crashes from Map 3d 2013 I decided to go back to 2012, but apparently didn't save one drawing back to 2010 format.  I tried using TrueView 2013 to convert the drawing, but the same error message you describe above and then it crashes and I loose all access to the drawing in TrueView.  Any help with this would be much appreciated.  I'm very disappointed with the latest 2013 dwg format, nothing but problems for me.

Message 3 of 14
smichels
in reply to: DanCotta6456

This is the same exact error Im getting.

Unfortunately the error report said there is no fix!

Disappointed as well

Message 4 of 14
scheng49

Dear Sir, I have download and installed the trueview 2013 and it worked o.k. Yesterday by mistake I have deleted two the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributiable -X86 programs and I couldn't open the . DWG files. I have tried to restore the computer, delete the trueview program and reload the program from your website again. But I have tried many times and it still failed. Every time I can download the program, but during the installation process. It hang on the following page and stop. Install > configure installation I don't know what can I do to fix the problem. Please advise. Thanks, Simon
Message 5 of 14
Casper-cfit

To succesfully sequence DWG trueview 2012 and 2013 you need to install the application to the Q: drive.

Unfortunately the default Autodesk installer does not support installing to a subst Q: drive (which is created by the sequencer by default) to work around this either use a physical Q: drive or install by using the dwgviewr.msi directly using the following commandline:

msiexec /i dwgviewr.msi INSTALLDIR=Q:\<your sequence folder>\Autodesk\ /qb+

(you should also install the DirectX add-on/update manualy during sequencing when using the msi)

Also (at least for DWG Ttrueview 2012) make sure you have the latest .NET 4.0 updates installed before sequencing. Otherwise the resulting sequence will crash when starting DWG Trueview on a PC with the lastest updates installed. If you do this de resulting sequence will work on both PC's with and without the lastest .NET 4.0 updates.

And of course have the VC++ redist prereqs installed before sequencing.

KR,

Casper

Message 6 of 14
elliott.pointer

Hi,

I'm getting the same error when packaging using App-V 4.6 SP1. I've followed the same process that I used to successfully package AutoCAD Map 3D 2012 and Trueview 2012, but I am still getting this same UPITOKEN with every attempt. I have installed Visual C++ 2010, DirectX and .NET 4.0 both directly onto the sequencer, and packaged each separately, and then expanded these into the package prior to installing. I have also tried with and without .NET 4.0. The same result each time. This is all being done with a separate Q drive that Trueview 2013 is installed to. I have also tried installing to the default directory.

Any further help would be greatly appreciated.

Message 7 of 14
ddolle
in reply to: elliott.pointer

elliot, on what OS are you running the sequenced TrueView 2013?

I have the same problem (UPITOKEN) running it on XP (x86) targets. On Windows 7 (x64) systems the same sequenced TrueView 2013 package runs fine..

Message 8 of 14

Hi, I was sequencing on a Server 2008 32 Bit virtual machine, to then deploy to Windows 7 32 Bit virtual desktops. It installs fine directly onto the virtual machine, but the moment you try running the sequenced version to streamline it, you get the error. So far I've tried every permutation from the 2012 recipe and no luck. I'll keep trying and let you know if I get any success. Thanks.

Message 9 of 14
ddolle

elliot, I also wasn't able to start the application to streamline on the sequencer system (XP x86), but just ignored and continued. However on the Windows 7 target system it ran just fine. But still having issues with XP targets though..

Message 10 of 14
elliott.pointer
in reply to: ddolle

Thanks, It worked for me in the end, it turned out it was missing vcomp100.dll from the package when I was sequencing it, so that was causing it to fail in the Windows 7 desktop. Having added that it is now launching correctly.
Message 11 of 14

Good day Elliot.

How did you added vcomp100.dll  file ? Was it only copy-paste sort of solution?

Also everybody:

A user of mine is experiencing something similar: When he opens a dwg file directly, Autocad starts with no problem. When he opens it from the start menu. After closing the file, he is not able to open Autocad from the start menu without any error message. 

Do you think it has to be something with target field of the start menu executable? Or how can this be solved?

He is using AutoCAD 2013.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Eunice Chagoya

Message 12 of 14

Hi,

Yes, I just added it to the virtual file system at the end of the package. So essentially just a copy and paste into the virtual system32.

Hope that helps.

Thanks.

Message 13 of 14
ukdxb012

I recently came across this issue...

To get round it i applied the /nohardware switch to the DWG Trueview shortcut and applied the change.

Once i did this, i could successfully open DWG Trueview and open a DWG file without the program bombing out and reporting the UPITOKEN error.

Regards,

Duncan

Duncan Brannan
UK/EMEIA CAD Operations Manager
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 14 of 14
giuseppe.zanoli

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report