DWG TrueView
Welcome to Autodesk’s DWG Trueview Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular DWG Trueview topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWG TrueView 2010 Installation Error

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
mblewis
2186 Views, 4 Replies

DWG TrueView 2010 Installation Error

I'm attempting to install DWG TrueView 2010 and get the following error:

"The system cannot find the file specified.
C:\install\Autodesk\DWGTrueViewx86InstallImage\SetupRes\eval.msi"

The installation process then terminates.

I'm running Windows XP SP2

Any advice/suggestions greatly appreciated
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Shawn_Niles
in reply to: mblewis

Are you on 32 or 64 bit? It sounds like you may have downloaded the incorrect installer. Please try to download once more, and make sure to download the installer appropriate for your system. If it still does not work, try installing on a separate machine to see if maybe it is just a problem with the machine you are currently one.

Shawn Niles
Autodesk Product Support

Shawn Niles
Message 3 of 5
Genuine_Drafter
in reply to: mblewis

Pardon my interruption but...once TrueView is installed and is working properly, is it safe to delete that "C:\install" folder?

I would imagine any necessary files I need would be located in Program Files. I ask because the folder is almost 400MB and I'm trying to free up space on my HDD. If I only needed this folder for the installation process then it's just taking up much needed space.

Thanks
Message 4 of 5
J_Hamill
in reply to: Shawn_Niles

Hi,

I understand that this post is ~3 years old but this error has been seen when installing versions 2012 and 2014. The installation media is for the correct architecture so this is not the issue. We have seen this error on multiple machines. Machines being provisioned and live machines within the environment.

We have found that killing msiexec.exe before launching setup.exe allows the installation to complete smoothly.

I hope this helps someone out there!

Cheers

James

Message 5 of 5
J_Hamill
in reply to: J_Hamill

Scrap the above, I have just noticed a machine which displayed the error even though Msiexec.exe was not running. Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report