DWG TrueView
Welcome to Autodesk’s DWG Trueview Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular DWG Trueview topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWG Trueview 2010 & 2011

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
rkelley2600
2842 Views, 6 Replies

DWG Trueview 2010 & 2011

I have a user who's Truevew 2010 version started locking up when they first get in.  I ran a repair on it, which didn't work and uninstalled / re-installed, which also didn't work.  I then installed the 2011 version which is doing the same thing.  You start the viewer up and any icon you click on will lock the program up.  You go into task manager and it shows Not Responding.  I also checked the event viewer which shows Application Hang.  I have done an error check on the hard drive for bad sectors as well.    Anyone else have this issue?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: rkelley2600

Windows version?

What recently changed (update, upgrade, downgrade, removal, patch, new software, Windows log-in etc.) on the one PC?

Do you use a 3rd party tool to uninstall, or rely on Windows/default program uninstaller? Grab a freeware like REVO UNINSTALLER and use it's aggressive option to uninstall programs (then select and delete everything it offers for that program). This ensures a true uninstall of an app.

Message 3 of 7
strakam

The same here, TrueView 2011 installed in Windows 7 XP mode (basically a virtual machine running XP SP3, all security updates installed). It worked flawlessly for a month, then started to hang after clicking on any of the icon at the top of the TrueView window. The user of that machine claims he didn't make any changes in the installation, also Microsoft's automatical updates system was set to manual mode. Repair, reinstall, uninstall + fresh install didn't work, so I decided to reinstall the virtual machine from scratch and that did the job. As the sole purpose of this virtual machine is to run the TrueView (and print to an old plotter), I'll simply replace the virtual machine image by the "correct" one, next time I'll encounter this problem. Unfortunatelly that's not a sollution for anyone using TrueView in real operating system.

Message 4 of 7
gpurviance

We have had similar issues.  Computers working perfectly then they quit running the Autodesk viewers.  We previously had this problem on a similar computer and we were able to run all the latest MS updates and that actually resolved the problem.  That did not work for my current user.  He is running XP SP3.

Message 5 of 7
gpurviance
in reply to: gpurviance

I found another discussion regarding Design Review where doing a repair on .net Framework 3.5 resolved the problem.   I tried it and was successful in resolving my issues. 

Message 6 of 7
devriesfig
in reply to: gpurviance

I am running Trueview 2011 on my laptop and the fix you talk about is not available to me, so is there any other fix for the lock up problem that is occurring, tried everything.

Message 7 of 7
gpurviance
in reply to: devriesfig

If you are using windows7 you have to go to windows components and turn this off then back on.  It has helped me a couple of times.  Previously with XP you could simply repair.   The fun of the new operating systems is finding where they hid the stuff we used to use...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums