DWG TrueView
Welcome to Autodesk’s DWG Trueview Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular DWG Trueview topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWG True View install that can be used for 32-bit or 64-bit machines.

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
tenshekels
21683 Views, 3 Replies

DWG True View install that can be used for 32-bit or 64-bit machines.

I would like to include the excellent DWG True View on a CD for my customers (so they don't have to download, many of them have poor connections to download about 1 gig).

Anyways, there is a 64-bit and a 32-bit version of DWG True View.  Obviously some customer will be using 32-bit and others will be using 64-bit OSs.  Therefore, I thought I could just download the 32-bit version and put it on a CD.  Then the 32-bit version of True View 2013 would be installed on the computer - no matter if they had 32-bit or 64-bit OS and it should work.   Or so I thought.

Seems like there is something in the install that actually prevents the user from installing the 32-bit version of DWG True View on a 64-bit computer.   Why is that?   Is there a way around this?

The only solution that I seem to have is to point them to the website - or put both installs on one DVD.  😞

Also - FYI - the 32-bit version of the DWG True View 2013 installs seems very flakey!  I kept trying to download it and it "appeared" to have downloaded, but it didn't.  I kept finding files named "SetupDWGTrueView2013_32bit.exe.part" or "SetupDWGTrueView2013_32bit.exe.2.part" instead.

Thanks,

Peter

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: tenshekels

"put both installs on one DVD"

... and provide clear instructions for your recipients: if they can install their own software, they can do a little reading too.

Download DWGTRUEVIEW direct:
http://download.autodesk.com/esd/dwgtrueview/2013/SetupDWGTrueView2013_32bit.exe
http://download.autodesk.com/esd/dwgtrueview/2013/SetupDWGTrueView2013_64bit.exe

Message 3 of 4
tenshekels
in reply to: pendean

Eh, not the answer I was hoping for.
This is the obvious other "answer" that I was trying to avoid.

Thanks for the response though.

Message 4 of 4
crazymisty
in reply to: tenshekels

good!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report