DWG TrueView

Reply
New Member
kevinb
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎03-13-2002
Message 1 of 8 (87 Views)

DWF TO DWG

87 Views, 7 Replies
03-13-2002 11:00 PM
Is it possible to convert or view dwf files in Autocad.
*Jones, Dave
Message 2 of 8 (87 Views)

Re: DWF TO DWG

03-14-2002 05:52 AM in reply to: kevinb
yes, a conversion is possible...
--
Dave Jones
Member of the Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program

"kevinb" wrote in message
news:f0c5436.-1@WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Is it possible to convert or view dwf files in Autocad.
>
*Saadallah, Dean
Message 3 of 8 (87 Views)

Re: DWF TO DWG

03-14-2002 10:45 AM in reply to: kevinb
No, you cannot view a DWF in AutoCAD.
DWF2DWG at http://www.intelcad.com/

--
Dean Saadallah
www.pendean.com


"kevinb" wrote in message
news:f0c5436.-1@WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Is it possible to convert or view dwf files in Autocad.
Member
patrickA
Posts: 4
Registered: ‎09-03-2002
Message 4 of 8 (87 Views)

Re: DWF TO DWG

03-16-2002 08:24 AM in reply to: kevinb
Yes, it is possible. There is a product called
SPLOT that will allow you to open PLT files and
then you can save it out as a DXF. I actually printed the DWF as a PRN and renamed(*.plt) it and it still worked.
The text came out funky (I think) because AutoCAD 2002 opened it as a release 12 DXF, otherwise, everything else was fine.

There is also a product called SLICK! LT that also
views PLT files (I used the same one I renamed), but
it claims to be able to export the PLT as a DWG. It isn't
nearly as intuitive(I couldn't figure out how to
save as a DWG) as SPLOT and the PLT came in
upside down and backwards.

The product from intelcad.com that someone mentioned
does a straight conversion from DWF to DWG.
*Jones, Dave
Message 5 of 8 (87 Views)

Re:

03-16-2002 10:30 AM in reply to: kevinb
I don't understand how this saves a .dwf file as a .dwg file, which is what
the original poster wanted...
--
Dave Jones
Member of the Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program

"patrickA" wrote in message
news:f0c5436.2@WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Yes, it is possible. There is a product called
> SPLOT that will allow you to open PLT files and
> then you can save it out as a DXF. I actually printed the DWF as a PRN and
renamed(*.plt) it and it still worked.
> The text came out funky (I think) because AutoCAD 2002 opened it as a
release 12 DXF, otherwise, everything else was fine.
> There is also a product called SLICK! LT that also
> views PLT files (I used the same one I renamed), but
> it claims to be able to export the PLT as a DWG. It isn't
> nearly as intuitive(I couldn't figure out how to
> save as a DWG) as SPLOT and the PLT came in
> upside down and backwards.
>
> The product from intelcad.com that someone mentioned
> does a straight conversion from DWF to DWG.
>
>
Member
patrickA
Posts: 4
Registered: ‎09-03-2002
Message 6 of 8 (87 Views)

Re:

03-16-2002 12:35 PM in reply to: kevinb
Let me try to explain. You have a DWF, that you print or plot to a file (*.plt or *.prn). The products I mentioned will then be able to open those files and view them. One of the products will save the files (*.plt) as a DXF, the other one will supposedly save the file out as a DWG. At this point, he will be able to view them in AutoCAD.
Like I mentioned before, the product from intelCAD is an arx app that can be loaded directly into AutoCAD, which would negate the need to save the DWF to a plt or prn.
*Jones, Dave
Message 7 of 8 (87 Views)

Re:

03-16-2002 10:55 PM in reply to: kevinb
patrickA,
in your first post you gave the names of two programs that would view .plt
files, said that you "printed DWF as a PRN" but gave no indication as to how
you did this, and one of the programs you mentioned couldn't make the
conversion. I'm not trying to be argumentative, I'm curious as to the exact
steps and programs (with URL's if you have them) you used to convert a .dwf
to a .dwg, not including the intelcad converter, because I know it works.
--
Dave Jones
Member of the Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program

"patrickA" wrote in message
news:f0c5436.4@WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Let me try to explain. You have a DWF, that you print or plot to a file
(*.plt or *.prn). The products I mentioned will then be able to open those
files and view them. One of the products will save the files (*.plt) as a
DXF, the other one will supposedly save the file out as a DWG. At this
point, he will be able to view them in AutoCAD.
> Like I mentioned before, the product from intelCAD is an arx app that can
be loaded directly into AutoCAD, which would negate the need to save the DWF
to a plt or prn.
>
*Young, Darren J.
Message 8 of 8 (87 Views)

Re:

03-20-2002 10:46 PM in reply to: kevinb
> in your first post you gave the names of two programs that would view .plt
> files, said that you "printed DWF as a PRN" but gave no indication as to how
> you did this, and one of the programs you mentioned couldn't make the
> conversion. I'm not trying to be argumentative, I'm curious as to the exact
> steps and programs (with URL's if you have them) you used to convert a .dwf
> to a .dwg, not including the intelcad converter, because I know it works.

Dave,

Most printer drivers have an option for sending output to a file. I think
all he's doing is printing DWF to a file, instead of a printer. Then he's
using another utility similar to the HPGL plot file converter programs
that convert the plot file data into a DXF or DWF file.

I'd be curious to see how accurately the coordinates of the geometry get
brought back into AutoCAD with this approach. Seems like all this
conversion would lead to slight coordinate modifications.

--
Sincerely,
Darren J. Young

Minnesota CADWorks, Inc.
P.O. Box 7293
Saint Cloud, Minnesota 56302-7293
Phone: (320) 654-9053
WWW: http://www.mcwi.com
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.