DWG TrueView
Welcome to Autodesk’s DWG Trueview Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular DWG Trueview topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing file is not valid

18 REPLIES 18
Message 1 of 19
slcastner
19465 Views, 18 Replies

Drawing file is not valid

When attempting to open AutoCAD 2008 .dwg files with DWG TrueView 2008, I am receiving a series of errors, beginning with, "Drawing file is not valid." The series of error messages is shown in the attached .pdf file.

The files that are reported missing (i.e., AecBaseenu.dll) are in fact present in /Program Files/DWG TrueView 2008

Older AutoCAD .dwg files (2004) open properly.

I uninstalled and reinstalled DWG TrueView 2008 three times, with no change in the error messages.

Please let me know how to fix.

Thanks

Steve Castner
18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
in reply to: slcastner

Post the DWG file...

--
Dean Saadallah
http://LTisACAD.blogspot.com
Add-on products for LT
http://www.pendean.com/lt
--
Message 3 of 19
slcastner

One is attached. More if you like.

TIA for your help.
Message 4 of 19
Anonymous

I got the error message "Drawing file is not valid" when I opened it with
AutoCAD 2009. Perhaps the drawing file is not valid?

wrote in message news:5859355@discussion.autodesk.com...
One is attached. More if you like.

TIA for your help.
Message 5 of 19
slcastner

Here is one more. Would you please try it? If it does not open, I will go to the source.

Thank you.
Message 6 of 19
Anonymous

slcastner wrote:
> Here is one more. Would you please try it? If it does not open, I will go to the source.
>
> Thank you.

Wetland Delineation Data.dwg opens fine.
34 errors found when you run AUDIT.

ALTA OR KOHLWEY.dwg is not a drawing file.
It's just a file filled with zeros that happens to have a
.DWG extension.

--
R.K. McSwain
http://rkmcswain.blogspot.com
Message 7 of 19
slcastner

All my .dwg files from that batch open properly on two XP machines but do not open properly on two Vista machines. I suppose the first file that I sent to you could have been corrupted during the transfer. For now, we are using XP machines when we need to run DWG TrueView. Maybe an automatic Windows update will fix it overnight. Thanks for your efforts.
Message 8 of 19
Rifardo

I just installed DWG TrueView and I'm not being able to open my AutoCAD files. I'm getting the error: "Drawings file is not valid" Any ideas on how to fix this problem? I'm using AutoCAD 2008 & Windows XP.

Thanks
Message 9 of 19
bhavesh_roshiya

Autocad dwg, show error
dwg file is not valid

Pls send response Edited by: bhavesh_roshiya on May 11, 2010 12:02 PM
Message 10 of 19
Anonymous

It's not recoverable. Time to look for your .bak file, rename to .dwg and
use this.

Paul

wrote in message news:6389060@discussion.autodesk.com...
Autocad dwg, show error
dwg file is not valid

Pls send response

Edited by: bhavesh_roshiya on May 11, 2010 12:02 PM
Message 11 of 19
kvasa-kvasa

Could You please help me with attached drawing?

I tried to recover it in ACAD2010, and got the message - "Drawing can't be recovered" or something like that. If i try to open it, i get error message - "Drawing is not valid" 

Thank you in advance

PS: Attched file is zipped into archive, please change file extenshion to zip and extract.

Thanks

Message 12 of 19
Shawn_Niles
in reply to: kvasa-kvasa

Unfortunately it appears that this file is corrupt beyond repair. I have tried every recovery tool available to me but without success. If you use a backup system you may want to try and recover this file from a time before it was corrupt. You might also want to check for a BAK file, or search in C:\Windows\Temp for an Automatic Save file. I'm sorry that this file was not able to be recovered.

Shawn Niles
Message 13 of 19
kvasa-kvasa

Thx.

Message 14 of 19
kvasa-kvasa

One additional problem, from our vendor we have got a drawing with similar problems, attached drawing file  can't be opened or repared in AutoCAD 2004/2010, but without problem i've opened the file in DraftSight editor (from SolidWorks).

The message what i got, when tried to open the drawing in ACAD2010:

FATAL ERROR: Out of memory -shutting down.

My try to recover it was not successfull.

It looks like the drawing was drawn in other non AutoDESK application!?

Could you give me some recommendations regarding my problem?

Thank you in advance. 

Message 15 of 19
ajevzone_01
in reply to: Shawn_Niles

Hi. Could you please help me with attached drawing? I draw it in Autocad2010.

I tried to open it in the same version- AutoCad2010 and and got the message "Drawing is not valid"..I can see the file in the preview window before opening it but cannot open it.

Thank you so much!

Message 16 of 19
pendean
in reply to: ajevzone_01

The preview is NOT the file or an inidcation of file content, but a raster image integrated into the file and simply shows the last saved date.

2011 will not open your file, neither will my (2) non-Autodesk DWG programs. It's dead.

Message 17 of 19
fedoseev33

Hello,

Can anybody help me with this drawing? I dont understand what happend. 02/04/2011 I drew as always and now, my flash drive says before using the drive, it wants to format it. I dont know what to do. I have only 2 files left and they are all not valid.  Other file I cant upload it comes up above 3,6 mb

I know there is programs that restores the files. But  I'm afraid that if I format my USB, all files will be removed from there, and have nothing to be recovery.

Maybe someone has already an situation like this, when we had to risk formatting all the files, and found a way to return all the information?
Please describe step by step of what program and what to click? Thanks in advance.

Maybe someone has already an situation like this, when we had to risk formatting all the files, and found a way to return all the information?Please describe step by step of what program and what to click?

Thanks in advance.

Message 18 of 19
ao_20023

mine is 2012 version, the same problem of Drawing file is not valid, suddenly when I open it.

can you please help to check it out?? thank you very much=]

The attachment file size is too large. i upload it to the internet.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/9mh2ho

Message 19 of 19
jeregonn
in reply to: ao_20023

I get the same message when I try to open any file that is stored on our server. I have to save a copy of the file somewhere on my pc like the desktop then I am able to open the file with out issues. Just be sure to save it back onto your server not the desktop when you are done editing it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report