DWG TrueView
Welcome to Autodesk’s DWG Trueview Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular DWG Trueview topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploying DWG TrueView 2013

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
edgonz
4460 Views, 3 Replies

Deploying DWG TrueView 2013

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to prevent destop shortcuts from being created while deploying DWG TrueView 2013.

I was finally able to deploy this application, using SCCM 2012, but I'd like to prevent the desktop shortcuts from being created.

Also, I was able to install this application using: setup.exe /w /t /l /q setup.ini     (Note: for SCCM 2012, make sure not to enclose this command in quotes; leave it as shown)

What is the proper setup.exe parameter to uninstall it?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
edgonz
in reply to: edgonz

FYI,

#==================== Install Info

INSTALL_PATH=%ProgramFiles%\Autodesk
CREATE_DESKTOP_SHORTCUT=NO

The above statement was changed in the setup.ini and doesn't seem to work. The shortcut is still created on the desktop.

Message 3 of 4
edgonz

Okay, since it seems that there isn't any viable solution for removing the desktop shortcut for TrueView 2013; I used a batch file installation.

I created a INSTALL.CMD batch file, the the following content in it:

REM Install DWG TrueView 2013
setup.exe /w /t /l /q setup.ini

REM Delete desktop shortcut created by SETUP.EXE for all users
del /q c:\users\public\desktop\dwgtru~1.lnk

If a user is logged on while TrueView is deployed, the user will see the icon on the desktop, but as soon as setup.exe finishes, the second line in the batch file will execute and remove the icon.

Message 4 of 4
LucVDJEUGT

Even in TV 2017 the CREATE_DESKTOP_SHORTCUT=NO option doesn't seem to work 😞

To get rid of the desktop shortcut, proceed as follows:

• Download orca.exe (MSI editor) from an official website like https://msdn.microsoft.com/nl-nl/library/aa370557(v=vs.85).aspx
  • Start orca and open x86/dwgviewr/dwgviewr.msi (or in the x64 folder in case of 64-bit)
  • Open the Shortcut Table by clicking on it
  • Locate the desktopshortcut record and, right-click on it and select "drop row"
  • Save the MSI and install

Unless you know what you're doing, DO NOT MESS with the other tables.

Tags (2)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report