DWG TrueView
Welcome to Autodesk’s DWG Trueview Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular DWG Trueview topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Component for VB6 app - AVVIEWX.DLL x DWG TrueView

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
isisnobre
1555 Views, 1 Reply

Component for VB6 app - AVVIEWX.DLL x DWG TrueView

Hello,

I have a VB6 application that has a feature of showing equipment's DWG drawings, through the "dead" Voloview library, avviewx.dll.

Since it is a resource not often used, just now we realized that my application form cannot show the DWG files created from Autocad 2004 and newer.

I searched about it in Autodesk forums, and found out that the Voloview sucessor is DWG TrueView. I have installed it on my desktop, but could not figure out whick DLL would have the same function as avviewx.dll.

Could someone give a tip of how to update the DWG viewing feature in my VB6 application?

Thanks for any help.

Isis
Brazil

Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
isisnobre
in reply to: isisnobre

Hello,

I found out that what I need is the library ACCTRL.DLL, and I have just found it in my system and referenced it in my project. Now I can open DWG files until version 2013, using the method PutSourcePath.

My problem now is to know which files are needed to the clients machines, considering that they don't have the TrueView installed. 

I tryed to register the ACCTRL.DLL from my development machine (WinXP) in a Win7-64 machine, and the registry failed, so the user could not open the DWG files through my VB6 application.

Is is necessary to register other files too?

Thanks,

Isis

Brazil

Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report