DWG TrueView
Welcome to Autodesk’s DWG Trueview Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular DWG Trueview topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Export DXF to PDF in TrueView 2011

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
mhasabel
2813 Views, 5 Replies

Can't Export DXF to PDF in TrueView 2011

I'm using AutoCAD LT 2008 to create DWG and DXF files.

With the DWG files, I'm able to use TrueView to export the drawings to PDF. However, when I try to export a DXF file, I get the following: "ERROR: Drawing not found".

What gives?

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Shawn_Niles
in reply to: mhasabel

Could you please be a little more specific about the process you are using. It sounds like you open a DWG file in Trueview first. From there you are able to export to a PDF. However, when you try and export to a DXF, you receive an error. Is that accurate? Could you let me know the steps you are using to try and export the DXF out of Trueview?

Shawn Niles
Message 3 of 6
mhasabel
in reply to: Shawn_Niles

Sorry, reading over what I wrote earlier, I wasn't very clear at all.

What I meant was:

I use AutoCAD to produce a DXF. Then I open the DXF in TrueView and try to export the DXF to PDF. That's when I get the error.

Message 4 of 6
pendean

Why not create the PDF at the same time as the DXF from AutoCAD? Or use AutoCAD to plot the PDF of the DXF?

Message 5 of 6
mhasabel
in reply to: pendean

The idea is as follows:

- I create a drawing and send customer a DXF.

- DXF is opened in TrueView

- my customer may then export to PDF and send to their customer

I should note, my customer can plot the DXF and get a PDF using the "DWG to PDF" plotter but for some reason the "Export to PDF" option doesn't work. 

Message 6 of 6
Shawn_Niles

For now, you will not be able to export to PDF if you open a DXF inside TrueView. You would need to open either a DWF or a DWG in TrueView, and then export to PDF.

Shawn Niles

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report