DWG TrueView
Welcome to Autodesk’s DWG Trueview Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular DWG Trueview topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bind external references is not working

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
anikakramer2006
6984 Views, 7 Replies

Bind external references is not working

Hi,

we are using DWG TrueView 2013 on Windows 7 64-bit.

I tried to convert a drawing with an attached XRef using the DWG TrueView 2013.

I 've configured  "Bind external references" in the Actions group (see attached picture)

I've checked the Referenz-Manager from the main drawing first and everything is fine.

After Convert, the XRef is still a Xref and not binded. Is there something wrong in my configuration?

Tags (2)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

What you are busy creating there is a eTransmittal (Zip or EXE files)

What I would rather do is:

Open the xref manager

RIght Click on the Xref

Go to Bind and select Insert (It places the xref in your drawing as a block)

Save the drawing

DWG Trueview can open .dwg drawings so no need to convert the drawings, you can now open the saved drawing in DWG Trueviewer

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Twitter: @JoAnn_Hogan
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional
Message 3 of 8

Thank you for the quick response.Smiley Happy

If you bind References with the ReferenzManager inside DWG TrueView, how can you save the drawing with the binded XRefs?

The problem is, I need this for our project management and partners who don't have AutoCAD but DWG TrueView.

They have to send the drawings by Mail to our customers or projekt partners.

Not everybody knows how to mangage drawings with external References

and if the drawing is just for documentation and not for further drafting I think it is better to bind the references.

So for this I found the nice option at the DWG TrueView. It would be nice to just config a setup and bind all the external references with

one mouse click.

So my simple question =  is "Bind external references" working inside DWG TrueView or not

or what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

Ani

Message 4 of 8
pendean
in reply to: anikakramer2006

DTV does not write to a DWG file. I don't see how it would bind a file.

Use AutoCAD to control content, and binding.
Message 5 of 8
anikakramer2006
in reply to: pendean

Hi there,

Inside the DWG TrueView you have to option to convert DWG's

This is how you get there:

Ribbon "Home":

DWG Convert > Button Conversion Setups... > Modify >  GroupBox Actions > CheckBox Bind external references (Bind, Insert)....

(also see attached picture from post)

Ani

Message 6 of 8
pendean
in reply to: anikakramer2006

You asked:
" inside DWG TrueView, how can you save the drawing with the binded XRefs"
I answered:
"DTV does not write to a DWG file"

Otherwise those are good instructions on how to convert a file, what DTV does on the side with an external epplication it calls (the old and now buried DWGCONVERT program).
Message 7 of 8
anikakramer2006
in reply to: pendean

Hi,

yes and you're right, I was just answering the post before.

At the end, for my TrueView workflow and documentation I came to the result,

you can convert, purge drawings, check and fix errors but

Bind external references is not working. Maybe I have to check if it is working inside the 2014er Version

or just adapt my workflow.

Ani

Message 8 of 8

Hi,

first I have to correct myself. I asked Autodesk and they informed me I might have this problems caused by circular references although they are overlays. You can bind simply references but you have to check the results and otherwise use the Zip-Function like Joann Hogan told me before and thank you for telling me that there is an ReferenceManager inside the TrueView where you can check all references, didn't know that before. .

Ani

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report