DWG TrueView
Welcome to Autodesk’s DWG Trueview Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular DWG Trueview topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding acctrl control kills Visual Studio 2010

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
wlasek
4423 Views, 9 Replies

Adding acctrl control kills Visual Studio 2010

I am using Visual Studio 2010 and DWG TrueView 2013 (windows 7 32-bit).

When I try drag AcCtrl into WinForm, Visual Studio show message:

"Microsoft Visual Studio has encountered a problem and need to close".

How solve this problem ??

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
ddiegoo_69
in reply to: wlasek

the problem is the compatibility between the control and visual studio 2010. VS use to have some problems with controls like that or database management. That happened to me too, the control works fine on visual studio 2008.

Since few days ago I'm looking for detailed information about the properties of this control to use it however I want, if someone can help me with that I would thank it very much.

Diego

Tags (2)
Message 3 of 10
mona.akkoush

Hi, I am facing the same problem & need to add TrueView control to VS 2010 application, were you able to reach a solution to this problem? Is it solved in any VS service pack or even trueView SP? 

Please advise.

Thanks, Mona

Message 4 of 10
sszabo

This problem is because of a bug introduced in AxImp the activeX importer when .NET 4.0 came out.  The workaround that I used was to retarget the winforms app to .NET 3.5 framework, drop the control on the form and then retarget again to .NET 4.0

More detailed and less simple workarounds can be found here:

http://blogs.agi.com/engine/?p=628

Message 5 of 10
sszabo
in reply to: mona.akkoush

Another solution for the VS 2010 crash at least under my install:

I found that I have 2 different versions of this ActiveX control installed.  I think once you run DWG TrueView it copies the control to Autodesk Shared.  So make sure you select the COM component for your toolbox from the Shared folder not the DWG TrueView folder. 

The one that crashes has identity: {950FE960-6EDD-407A-8A18-74D3EAD58376}\1.0\0\aximp

The one that works for me is: {EB54BB24-1CF3-44C9-8978-D1E8E5641775}\1.0\0\aximp

Message 6 of 10
mona.akkoush

Hi, 

Thanks for suggestions, but unfortunately none worked for me.

When trying to add the control from "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\AcCtrl.dll", I get the following error: Self-registration for C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\AcCtrl.dll failed.

I tried to registed the DLL manually but it did not work.

Please advise.. Thanks

Message 7 of 10
sszabo

what is your .NET version your project is targeting when you drop the control on the form?

Also, can you run DWG TrueView standalone?!

Message 8 of 10
mona.akkoush

Hi,

I tried to change my target .Net to 3.5, add the control, then target 4.0 but it did not work. I will need to target .Net 4.0 in my project. As for true view (2013), yes it runs perfectly standalone.

Thanks,

Message 9 of 10
satu777

Is there any news, how to use DWG TrueView 2013 ActiveX (AcCtrl.dll) control with Visual Studio 2010?

After I drop the control from the toolbox to Form Visual Studio is collapsed. When I changed the target Framework (2.0, 3.0, 3.5, 3.5 Client, 4.0, 4.0 Client) the result was the same.

On ADN a saw: I have to use this ActiveX to display DWG images.

Message 10 of 10
satu777
in reply to: satu777

Here is the answer for myself:

You have to create and assign ActiveX control runtime.

1. Use Aximp.exe (Windows Forms ActiveX Control Importer) to convert type definitions in a COM type library for an ActiveX control into a Windows Forms control.

"aximp.exe C:\Program Files\Autodesk\DWG TrueView 2013\AcCtrl.dll"

The result: ACCTRLLib.dll and AxACCTRLLib.dll

2. Copy these files to your folder

3. Add reference from Solution Explorer to AxACCTRLLib.dll

4. Instantiate the control:

AxACCTRLLib.AxAcCtrl ac = new AxACCTRLLib.AxAcCtrl();

this.Controls.Add(ac);
       ac.Dock = DockStyle.Fill;

5. Load your DWG file:

ac.PutSourcePath(@"d:\test.dwg");

The AcCtrl control is not compatible with VS 2010.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report