Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Studio 2008

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
622 Views, 9 Replies

Visual Studio 2008

I can link program, for creating of DWF, in Visual Studio 2005 without problem, but I can not link the same in Visual Studio 2008. Is there version of toolkit for VS 2008 or is possible to change any parameters for compiling and linking? I use static version of dll from toolkit.
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Please note, that the Toolkit is Open source. Therefore the best you can
do is to recompile the whole project after deleting the intermediate
(.lib, .obj) and result (.dll, .exe) files, regardless of who generated
them (in this case you or Autodesk.)

It is possible that the intermediate files were created with a different
service pack of the compiler...

Gyuri

tomas49 wrote:
> I can link program, for creating of DWF, in Visual Studio 2005 without problem, but I can not link the same in Visual Studio 2008. Is there version of toolkit for VS 2008 or is possible to change any parameters for compiling and linking? I use static version of dll from toolkit.
Message 3 of 10
NitinMohan

Hi there,

Could you cut & paste the exact linker error you are getting? This will help better understand your problem.
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous

For example (and much more) see bellow.
May be it is possible to change something in project setting, but I do not knou what. I use static verison of DWF libraries with preprocessor definitions:

WIN32
_DEBUG
_WINDOWS
DWFCORE_STATIC
DWFTK_STATIC
DWFTK_BUILD_EXPAT

Errors:
1>whiptk.7.8.601.lib(file.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall std::_Container_base::~_Container_base(void)" (__imp_??1_Container_base@std@@QAE@XZ)

1>whiptk.7.8.601.lib(opcode.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall std::_Container_base::~_Container_base(void)" (__imp_??1_Container_base@std@@QAE@XZ)

1>dwftk.7.3.1.lib(PropertyReferenceContainer.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall std::_Container_base::~_Container_base(void)" (__imp_??1_Container_base@std@@QAE@XZ) referenced in function __ehhandler$??H?$_Vector_iterator@IV?$allocator@I@std@@@std@@QBE?AV01@H@Z
1>dwftk.7.3.1.lib(ContentPresentationModelViewNode.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: void __thiscall

std::_Container_base::_Orphan_all(void)const " (__imp_?_Orphan_all@_Container_base@std@@QBEXXZ) referenced in function "public: class std::_Tree,class std::allocator >,0> >::iterator __thiscall std::_Tree,class std::allocator >,0> >::insert(class std::_Tree,class std::allocator >,0> >::iterator,struct std::pair const &)" (?insert@?$_Tree@V?$_Tmap_traits@VDWFString@DWFCore@@VDWFXMLNamespace@DWFToolkit@@U?$less@VDWFString@DWFCore@@@std@@V?$allocator@U?$pair@$$CBVDWFString@DWFCore@@VDWFXMLNamespace@DWFToolkit@@@std@@@6@$0A@@std@@@std@@QAE?AViterator@12@V312@ABU?$pair@$$CBVDWFString@DWFCore@@VDWFXMLNamespace@DWFToolkit@@@2@@Z)

1>dwftk.7.3.1.lib(ContentPresentationDocument.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: void __thiscall std::_Container_base::_Orphan_all(void)const " (__imp_?_Orphan_all@_Container_base@std@@QBEXXZ)

1>dwftk.7.3.1.lib(PropertySet.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: void __thiscall std::_Container_base::_Swap_all(class std::_Container_base &)const " (__imp_?_Swap_all@_Container_base@std@@QBEXAAV12@@Z) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall std::vector >::swap(class std::vector > &)" (?swap@?$vector@PAVDWFPropertyContainer@DWFToolkit@@V?$DWFTK_STL_Allocator@PAVDWFPropertyContainer@DWFToolkit@@@2@@std@@QAEXAAV12@@Z)
1>dwftk.7.3.1.lib(ContentReader.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: void __thiscall std::_Container_base::_Swap_all(class std::_Container_base &)const " (__imp_?_Swap_all@_Container_base@std@@QBEXAAV12@@Z)
1>dwftk.7.3.1.lib(ContentElement.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: void __thiscall std::_Container_base::_Swap_all(class std::_Container_base &)const " (__imp_?_Swap_all@_Container_base@std@@QBEXAAV12@@Z)
Message 5 of 10
NitinMohan

Thanks for the info.

I don't think I have a ready answer for you due to the nature of the problem.

But, here is something to try. Under project->properties->configuration properties->C++->Code Generation
change multithreaded dll to multithreaded

rebuild and let me know the results. Also next time, attach the entire build log.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous

Have you added the libs whiptk.7.8.601.lib and dwftk.7.3.1.lib as
dependencies? Also, this will only work if you are dynamically linking to
the DWF Toolkit.

You can also rebuild the DWFTk in VS8.

Ben

"tomas49" wrote in message news:5873269@discussion.autodesk.com...
For example (and much more) see bellow.
May be it is possible to change something in project setting, but I do not
knou what. I use static verison of DWF libraries with preprocessor
definitions:

WIN32
_DEBUG
_WINDOWS
DWFCORE_STATIC
DWFTK_STATIC
DWFTK_BUILD_EXPAT

Errors:
1>whiptk.7.8.601.lib(file.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall
std::_Container_base::~_Container_base(void)"
(__imp_??1_Container_base@std@@QAE@XZ)

1>whiptk.7.8.601.lib(opcode.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall
(__imp_??1_Container_base@std@@QAE@XZ)

1>dwftk.7.3.1.lib(PropertyReferenceContainer.obj) : error LNK2019:
unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall
(__imp_??1_Container_base@std@@QAE@XZ) referenced in function
__ehhandler$??H?$_Vector_iterator@IV?$allocator@I@std@@@std@@QBE?AV01@H@Z
1>dwftk.7.3.1.lib(ContentPresentationModelViewNode.obj) : error LNK2019:
unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: void __thiscall

std::_Container_base::_Orphan_all(void)const "
(__imp_?_Orphan_all@_Container_base@std@@QBEXXZ) referenced in function
"public: class std::_Tree
DWFCore::DWFString,class DWFToolkit::DWFXMLNamespace,struct std::less
DWFCore::DWFString>,class std::allocator
DWFCore::DWFString const ,class DWFToolkit::DWFXMLNamespace> >,0>
>::iterator __thiscall std::_Tree
>::insert(class std::_Tree
>::iterator,struct std::pair DWFToolkit::DWFXMLNamespace> const &)"
(?insert@?$_Tree@V?$_Tmap_traits@VDWFString@DWFCore@@VDWFXMLNamespace@DWFToolkit@@U?$less@VDWFString@DWFCore@@@std@@V?$allocator@U?$pair@$$CBVDWFString@DWFCore@@VDWFXMLNamespace@DWFToolkit@@@std@@@6@$0A@@std@@@std@@QAE?AViterator@12@V312@ABU?$pair@$$CBVDWFString@DWFCore@@VDWFXMLNamespace@DWFToolkit@@@2@@Z)

1>dwftk.7.3.1.lib(ContentPresentationDocument.obj) : error LNK2001:
unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: void __thiscall
std::_Container_base::_Orphan_all(void)const "
(__imp_?_Orphan_all@_Container_base@std@@QBEXXZ)

1>dwftk.7.3.1.lib(PropertySet.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external
symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: void __thiscall
std::_Container_base::_Swap_all(class std::_Container_base &)const "
(__imp_?_Swap_all@_Container_base@std@@QBEXAAV12@@Z) referenced in function
"public: void __thiscall std::vector
*,class DWFToolkit::DWFTK_STL_Allocator
DWFToolkit::DWFPropertyContainer *> >::swap(class std::vector
DWFToolkit::DWFPropertyContainer *,class
DWFToolkit::DWFTK_STL_Allocator >
&)"
(?swap@?$vector@PAVDWFPropertyContainer@DWFToolkit@@V?$DWFTK_STL_Allocator@PAVDWFPropertyContainer@DWFToolkit@@@2@@std@@QAEXAAV12@@Z)
1>dwftk.7.3.1.lib(ContentReader.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external
(__imp_?_Swap_all@_Container_base@std@@QBEXAAV12@@Z)
1>dwftk.7.3.1.lib(ContentElement.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external
(__imp_?_Swap_all@_Container_base@std@@QBEXAAV12@@Z)
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

Hello,

Looking at your linker errors, it seems like you're trying to link
against the wrong version of the toolkit libs. The libs you're using
were created Visual Studio 2005 or maybe even 2003, at least according
to this post:
http://groups.google.com/group/boost-list/browse_thread/thread/dd10d4aefe28c9a0
or other posts, when googling this:
error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
std::_Container_base::~_Container_base(void)

<>

So, to fix this, you have to recompile the Toolkit using VS2008 (make
sure that you build the static version), and you have to make sure that
the Toolkit is linking the right versions of the MSVC libs.

After that, you can link your app against those Toolkit libs, and you
have to make sure that all the necessary toolkit libs are linked:
dwfcore, dwftoolkit, whip, and w3dtk.

Hope this helps,
Gyuri

tomas49 wrote:
> For example (and much more) see bellow.
> May be it is possible to change something in project setting, but I do not knou what. I use static verison of DWF libraries with preprocessor definitions:
>
> WIN32
> _DEBUG
> _WINDOWS
> DWFCORE_STATIC
> DWFTK_STATIC
> DWFTK_BUILD_EXPAT
>
> Errors:
> 1>whiptk.7.8.601.lib(file.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall std::_Container_base::~_Container_base(void)" (__imp_??1_Container_base@std@@QAE@XZ)
>
> 1>whiptk.7.8.601.lib(opcode.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall std::_Container_base::~_Container_base(void)" (__imp_??1_Container_base@std@@QAE@XZ)
>
> 1>dwftk.7.3.1.lib(PropertyReferenceContainer.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall std::_Container_base::~_Container_base(void)" (__imp_??1_Container_base@std@@QAE@XZ) referenced in function __ehhandler$??H?$_Vector_iterator@IV?$allocator@I@std@@@std@@QBE?AV01@H@Z
> 1>dwftk.7.3.1.lib(ContentPresentationModelViewNode.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: void __thiscall
>
> std::_Container_base::_Orphan_all(void)const " (__imp_?_Orphan_all@_Container_base@std@@QBEXXZ) referenced in function "public: class std::_Tree,class std::allocator >,0> >::iterator __thiscall std::_Tree,class std::allocator >,0> >::insert(class std::_Tree,class std::allocator >,0> >::iterator,struct std::pair lkit::DWFXMLNamespace> const &)" (?insert@?$_Tree@V?$_Tmap_traits@VDWFString@DWFCore@@VDWFXMLNamespace@DWFToolkit@@U?$less@VDWFString@DWFCore@@@std@@V?$allocator@U?$pair@$$CBVDWFString@DWFCore@@VDWFXMLNamespace@DWFToolkit@@@std@@@6@$0A@@std@@@std@@QAE?AViterator@12@V312@ABU?$pair@$$CBVDWFString@DWFCore@@VDWFXMLNamespace@DWFToolkit@@@2@@Z)
>
> 1>dwftk.7.3.1.lib(ContentPresentationDocument.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: void __thiscall std::_Container_base::_Orphan_all(void)const " (__imp_?_Orphan_all@_Container_base@std@@QBEXXZ)
>
>
> 1>dwftk.7.3.1.lib(PropertySet.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: void __thiscall std::_Container_base::_Swap_all(class std::_Container_base &)const " (__imp_?_Swap_all@_Container_base@std@@QBEXAAV12@@Z) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall std::vector >::swap(class std::vector > &)" (?swap@?$vector@PAVDWFPropertyContainer@DWFToolkit@@V?$DWFTK_STL_Allocator@PAVDWFPropertyContainer@DWFToolkit@@@2@@std@@QAEXAAV12@@Z)
> 1>dwftk.7.3.1.lib(ContentReader.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: void __thiscall std::_Container_base::_Swap_all(class std::_Container_base &)const " (__imp_?_Swap_all@_Container_base@std@@QBEXAAV12@@Z)
> 1>dwftk.7.3.1.lib(ContentElement.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: void __thiscall std::_Container_base::_Swap_all(class std::_Container_base &)const " (__imp_?_Swap_all@_Container_base@std@@QBEXAAV12@@Z)
Message 8 of 10
NitinMohan

Here is some more information:

The linker is primarily complaining about missing symbols that are ordinarily defined in the STL library. Now, it's highly unlikely that microsoft got rid of these symbols. What is more likely that some compiler/linker option is doing something undesirable.

I would try playing around with linker options first. Especially the ones around "link time code generation".

If all else fails, you may be forced to recompile the DWF toolkit against VS 2008.
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

I think this will take you down the wrong path. These are not errors from
STL, but templates defined in the DWF Toolkit. The linker is not able to
find objects that are defined in the DWF Toolkit. You need to make sure you
are linking correctly to the DWF Toolkit.

Ben

"NitinMohan" wrote in message news:5875297@discussion.autodesk.com...
Here is some more information:

The linker is primarily complaining about missing symbols that are
ordinarily defined in the STL library. Now, it's highly unlikely that
microsoft got rid of these symbols. What is more likely that some
compiler/linker option is doing something undesirable.

I would try playing around with linker options first. Especially the ones
around "link time code generation".

If all else fails, you may be forced to recompile the DWF toolkit against VS
Message 10 of 10
Anonymous

I have recompiled DWF libraries under VS2008 and is OK now. Thank you very much.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services