Did you mean: 

Using DWF as overlay in GE ...

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
424 Views, 1 Reply

Using DWF as overlay in GE ...

Colleagues ...

I searched this forum for "DWF in Google Earth" and came up with nothing specific.

I have a 2D street map of a town. I created this map by digitising it from the paper original into AutoCAD. It is an AutoCAD 2008 DWG. The map is based on Universal Transverse Mercator grid. From this DWG I created a DWF. If you want to take a look, click "View the map now" from this site: http://www.claudius.com/nkana/nk_intro.php .

I want to put this map into Google Earth as an overlay. Unfortunately, GE only accepts raster files, like PNG and JPG.

Is there a way I can use DWF in GE? I would like the ability to zoom in GE without the overlay pixelating. And I would also like to maintain some of the information like the hotlinks in the original DWF.

Am I dreaming, or is this doable somehow?

I have perused some of the Blogs, like "Beyond The Paper", but find nothing specific. I have also used the Google Earth ARX extension for AutoCAD, but that goes the other way: GE to AutoCAD, and only gives you monochrome GE map in AutoCAD as a raster file.

Any suggestions or help would be gratefully appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Dave Cooper
Amsterdam
Nederland
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
robincapperw
in reply to: Anonymous

interesting Idea to use DWF with Google Earth!
Have you tried the AutoCAD to Google Earth tool from AutoCAD Labs? My be able to skip the DWF step altogether

http://labs.blogs.com/its_alive_in_the_lab/2007/10/updated-google-.html

Robin
Autodesk AEC Collection 2020 - PC: HP Z6 | Win 10 64 | Xeon 3014 | 64 GB ram | Quadro P5000 - Tablet: Surface 3 Pro i5-4300u | Win 10 Ent 1703 64 | 8GB ram - Phone: Samsung S21 Ultra | Android 11
RobiNZ CAD Blog | LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services