Did you mean: 

shell, face, tristrip & edge conectivity information

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
varadd
687 Views, 1 Reply

shell, face, tristrip & edge conectivity information

Hi,

I do have some doubts on shell, face & edge information. Just take simple example of Block. when i traverse through its shell i get 12 tri strips, 24 points. and 12 edges. But i don’t understand how to retrieve Face info? i mean of 12 tri stips which all belongs a face (like strip 1 & 2 belongs to Front Face of block)... When i open this dwf in design review it can select individual  face so there must be some info stored in dwf but where ??....

this is simple example but when it comes to some complex shape like , a block with hole.. face with hole contains lot many tri strips... there it becomes difficult to find it but ADR can easily find it how??.. any guess???

Also how to get edges connectivity info? like here in case of block i get 12 edges how to find which face shares specific face?.. no such info i got.

Also while reding can i get optimized point info (pointlist with no Repetition)?

Expecting your helpful reply.

Thank You,

-Varad

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
whtank
in reply to: varadd

Thank you for your question.

The selected node in ADR is a shell object indeed. A shell object is composite of lots of faces and each face is composite of lot of vertex. All faces and edges information are stored in the topology structure in the internal graphic engine and not exported yet.

Please let me know if you have any further question.

Tank
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD-CPG
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services