Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retaining Object Data/Properties

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
tagbagz
638 Views, 0 Replies

Retaining Object Data/Properties

I want to create dwf files that contain custom object properties. The files are being created from 3D models in AutoCAD and I require 2D and 3D dwf views.

I have tried various options but there is always a problem with the resulting dwf file.

Object data is available in 3D dwf files, but often the dwf viewer (I am viewing via the web as is the purpose of a dwf [Design Web Format]) does not to display parts of the drawing. My test drawings only contain a couple of objects yet often nothing shows until you zoom into the objects. Are there settings that can correct this.

When creating 2D dwfs (views of a 3D model) the object data only appears to be available if created in wireframe. This often results in a very difficult to use drawing. If Hidden is selected all the objects get merged into one block and no individual properties can be accessed.

I used to promote the use of dwf (in the past when mainly using 2D) in favour of pdf files but I am beginning to think dwf is pretty useless when using 3D.

I would very much like to hear from anyone experiencing similar isses with dwf and whether they have work arounds or know of settings that resolve the issues above.

Many Thanks

tagbagz 

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services