Did you mean: 

reading DWF prior to version 6

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
lmpmbernardo
1712 Views, 3 Replies

reading DWF prior to version 6

Hello, This is from PackageReader.h: ///\note This class is built specifically for handling DWF 6 (and higher) packages. /// Please be sure to check the type with \a getPackageInfo() or \a GetPackageInfo() /// and handle single graphics streams separately with the appropriate toolkits. What are the appropriate toolkits that this refers to? Something else besides the DWFToolkit? Thanks, Luis
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
lmpmbernardo
in reply to: lmpmbernardo

sorry, it seems the formatting was lost in the previous post.

I guess the appropriate toolkits it refers to are the WhipTK and W3DTK (which come with the DWFToolkit). questions:

-- the DWFToolkit can be used to read DWF version 6 and later; for prior versions we need the the WhipTK and W3DTK. is this correct?

-- the WhipTK and W3DTK only exist for Windows; Mac users cannot then handle DWF with versions prior to 6. is this correct?

thanks.

Message 3 of 4
SilviaCao
in reply to: lmpmbernardo

Thank you for your questions.

I will answer them one by one.

1. No, the DWFToolkit, WhipTK and W3DTK work together to read/write DWF file. The DWFToolkit is the main/common interface to read/write DWF (like we can use getPackageInfo() to get the DWF file type); the WhipTK is to read/write 2D data in the DWF, the W3DTK is to read/write 3D data in the DWF.

Please refer to DWF Toolkit documents and samples to process various type DWF.

1. The DWF Toolkit (includes DWFToolkit, WhipTK and W3DTK) can handle DWF 6 and later version in Mac.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Silvia Cao
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE- ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 4 of 4
lmpmbernardo
in reply to: SilviaCao

this is answered. I was able to read DWF versions prior to 6 in mac os x using the whiptk.

I had been confused by the fact that in windows we explicitly build the whiptk and w3dtk (per the toolkit instructions) while we do not do that in mac os x...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services