Did you mean: 

Problems converting DWF files to PDF files

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
tol97008
1664 Views, 3 Replies

Problems converting DWF files to PDF files

Hello.

We have a particular customer who sends us all of their engineering drawings to us as DWF files.  We use PDF files as the standard format for our documents and records within our company.  Because of this, we are using Adobe Acrobat (versions 7 and 😎 to convert the DWF files to PDF files.  When they are converted, we are seeing strange things on the PDFfile, such as all of the symbols in the Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing boxes changed to letters, and sometimes some of the words in the title block turn into boxes.  Any ideas on what the cause might be and/or how to correct this issue?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: tol97008

How is your PDF driver handling fonts? That's the key, experiment. Remember, if you do not have the font you can't expect the PDF driver to know what to exchange for it.

Message 3 of 4
tol97008
in reply to: pendean

That's a good question and I don't know that I could answer it.  Where would I look to determine how it handles fonts and/or to experiment?

Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: tol97008

I have not used the Acrobat product for PDF creation in quite some time, but I am sure the asnwer can be found in it's Help files or at Adobe's open public forums (like theses are here) while you wait here.

If your version does not have that ability, Autodesk Design Review's Print pop-up>Advanced Button has a button to "turn data into a bitmap before printing" option that may cure it as well.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services