DWF

emanuel.ceballos
Message 11 of 13 (643 Views)

Re: how to get geometry data from DWF file

02-18-2013 06:44 AM in reply to: SilviaCao

Hi Silvia, thanks very much for your answer. I've managed to read the ObjectDefinition, this returns a list of DWFDefinedObjectInstance and I'm adding new properties to these Instances using pInst->addProperty( DWFCORE_ALLOC_OBJECT(DWFProperty(L"my_name", L"my_value", L"my_category")), true );

What I can't find is a way to save the modifications to the DWF and the ObjectDefinition. What's the correct way to do this?

Thanks.

Emanuel Ceballos
ENGworks - Software Developer
Employee
SilviaCao
Message 12 of 13 (633 Views)

02-18-2013 07:03 PM in reply to: emanuel.ceballos

You can save the new object definition resource by DWFObjectDefinitionResource::serializeXML; here is a code snapshot:

DWFPointer<DWFBufferOutputStream> apOutputStream( DWFCORE_ALLOC_OBJECT(DWFBufferOutputStream(_DWFTK_OBJECT_DEFINITION_RESOURCE_INITIAL_BUFFER_BYTES)), false );

DWFUUID oUUID;

DWFPointer<DWFXMLSerializer> apSerializer( DWFCORE_ALLOC_OBJECT(DWFXMLSerializer(oUUID)), false );

apSerializer->attach( apOutputStream );

objectdefinitionresource->serializeXML( apSerializer, DWFPackageWriter::eObjectDefinition );

apSerializer->detach();

The code is to create a new stream of the object definition resource; then you can create a new DWFObjectDefinitionResource and attach the new stream.

Silvia Cao
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE- ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.
emanuel.ceballos
Message 13 of 13 (625 Views)

02-19-2013 05:13 AM in reply to: SilviaCao

Thank you very much Silvia. I will try it and let you know.

Emanuel Ceballos
ENGworks - Software Developer
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.