Community
DWF
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

failed to get ObjectDefinition to traverse through complete tree structure.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
varadd
947 Views, 2 Replies

failed to get ObjectDefinition to traverse through complete tree structure.

Hi,

I am trying build dwf reader. I got struct while traversing tree structure and mapping it with Open_Segment.

Big problem is i am not able to get ObjectDefination any dwf file (except one which is provided with sample).

I tried to travese throguh all section (globle and non globle) and asked for ObjectDefination but it doesnt have.

This is not file specific since i have tried this with many assembly dwfs & dwfx published via Inventor 2008 & 2010 also.

Here attached peice of code(ReadObjectDefinition.txt) that i am using. also attached sample dwf file published with Inventor 2008.

---

Also is there any other way find relation between DWF Instanaces and & TK_Open_Segment, i have tried to get DWFContent from that tried for DWFInstance but NodeID doesnt match at all. Have been through complete forum but havent got any solution.

KIndly help me out in this, since it is too urgent for me.

Thank You,

-Varad

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
wube
in reply to: varadd

Thank you for your question.

For 3D DWF, DWF Toolkit uses the opcode TKE_Tag to map an instance. The TKE_Tag count equals the instance node id. Then the named segment which includes the TKE_Tag will be mapped to the instance.

DWF Toolkit provides Object Definition and Content Definition (see sample ReadContentDefinition in DWF Toolkit) to record the instances. For the attached file “Blower_Frame.dwf”, instances are stored in Content Definition.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Silvia

ADR/DWF Customer Support

Ben Wu
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 3
varadd
in reply to: wube

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your reply... I have tried same and it worked out. Just a little modification in your solution... TK_Tag class doesnt provide any method to retreive current tag index so it become difficult to map tag (I mean how to get tag value that was realy an issue).. but then utilized BStreamFileToolkit::PeekTagIndex which gives last tag index...

Thank you once again..

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services