Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ExpressViewer vs. Composer

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
207 Views, 3 Replies

ExpressViewer vs. Composer

I'm sure this topic has been beaten to death by now, but I haven't found an answer that satisfies my question. I have an ASP page that loads the ExpressViewer object, however, it prompts for installation where DWF Composer is installed. The installation detects Composer and will not install.

I've read that the two cannot co-exist, but shouldn't the HTML object detect and use whatever you have installed?

James V.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Yes, but they share the same class ID, so IE considers them the same thing. "JamesVan" wrote in message news:28207266.1087845430906.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > I'm sure this topic has been beaten to death by now, but I haven't found an answer that satisfies my question. I have an ASP page that loads the ExpressViewer object, however, it prompts for installation where DWF Composer is installed. The installation detects Composer and will not install. > > I've read that the two cannot co-exist, but shouldn't the HTML object detect and use whatever you have installed? > > James V.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

So, you'll want to have either DWF Viewer or DWF Composer installed on your system. If DWF Composer is installed, it will be the viewer that loads. If it's DWF Viewer installed, then the DWF Viewer will come up.

--Doug
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Thanks for the reply, Doug. Something must have happened to my Composer installation. I reinstalled and the pages work fine now.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services