Did you mean: 

DWFxConverter

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
lmpmbernardo
1748 Views, 9 Replies

DWFxConverter

Hello,

It is mentioned in http://dwf.blogs.com/beyond_the_paper/2009/03/dwf-to-dwfx-batch-converter.html that the DWFxConverter is a DWF Toolkit sample application. Is this information correct? I have been unable to see which of the samples that comes with the 7.6 toolkit is the relevant one.

Thanks,

Luis

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
SilviaCao
in reply to: lmpmbernardo

Thank you for your questions.

No, DWFxConverter is not the Autodesk 7.6 Toolkit samples.

I can’t access the link: http://dwf.blogs.com/beyond_the_paper/2009/03/dwf-to-dwfx-batch-converter.html. So please check it and attach the correct link to this thread.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Silvia Cao
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE- ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 10
lmpmbernardo
in reply to: SilviaCao

The link is correct. either it was down or your company blocks it...

So, was the DWFxConverter a sample of a previous toolkit release then?

Regards,

Luis

Message 4 of 10
SilviaCao

No, I haven’t seen the DWFxConverter in any previous toolkit samples.

Please attach the DWFxConverter to this thread if you have any questions about the sample.

Silvia Cao
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE- ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 10
ordodyg

Looks like there is no explicit sample of that name in any of the published toolkits, however the "Aggregate" sample comes pretty close. Except it outputs dwf files instead of dwfx, and it actually aggregates dwf files' contents.

But if you change the DWF6PackageWriter to DWFXPackageWriter, you'll get the right output. In fact, you don't really want to aggregate either, so basically all you have to do is read in one file (DWF) and output the other (DWFx).

Hope this helps,

Gyuri Ordody
Principal Engineer
Autodesk Labs

Cheers,
Gyuri Ordody
Autodesk Labs
Tags (1)
Message 6 of 10
lmpmbernardo
in reply to: ordodyg

Thank you for the suggestion but that does not work well. In fact I had already tried that. The output seems to be a correct and you can open the file in ADR and it looks ok. However if you look inside things are not well, i.e., they are different from what you get converting using the DWFxConverter (that you can get from the link I provided before) and ADR and I think they may be wrong. For instance, the file FixedDocumentSequence.fdseq is not part of the resulting file (isn't this a requirement?). Also, there are files with the extensions .w2d and .ef_  inside the package. Is it ok to have these extensions? I looked at the output of ADR and DWFxConverter and I never see those extensions inside the package (instead I see stuff like .odttf).

But it could be that I am wrong and the resulting file is a valid DWFx file.... Can you comment on this?

Thanks,

Luis

Message 7 of 10
ordodyg

You're right, it's kind of surprising that it can be opened at all. 🙂

The whole process should be opening and reading the DWF, creating a DWFx (using DWFXPackageWriter if I'm not mistaken) enumerating the components, and adding them to the DWFx unless they are w2d which should be converted to w2x and an extra resource using a w2d reader and a w2x writer (use the class factories from the samples).

Not sure if it's applicable, but ADR can be scripted, so for the offical convversion you might want to use that in a batch mode. (There is a batch printing sample in the blog, even with the source.)

Gyuri

Cheers,
Gyuri Ordody
Autodesk Labs
Message 8 of 10
lmpmbernardo

Thank you. That confirms that what I have been trying to do goes in the right direction, albeit I have been unsuccesful so far.

The ADR scripting is not applicable because I want to do the conversion on a Mac OS...

Luis

Message 9 of 10
sitereader

Gyuri,

Pardon my ignorance. I was really glad when I read that ADR can be scripted. But what kind of scripting can ADR do? Is it based on the API or some other script language (Vbscript?? ). Thank you for any response.

Message 10 of 10
ordodyg
in reply to: sitereader

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services