Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dwfx digital signature

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
luisveloso
4176 Views, 14 Replies

dwfx digital signature

Hi! I've been trying to apply a digital signature to a dwfx file, but I always get an I/O error.

I've done it before with the same file but without the layers description on. But I need to add layers to the dwfx file....

Can anyone pls help me solve this error?

Thank You!

Luís

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
SilviaCao
in reply to: luisveloso

Thank you for your questions.

Firstly, please let me know:

1)       Where is your dwfx file come from? Are you create the dwfx by yourself or published from other products?

2)       How do you add the layers?

3)       Do you apply the digital signature to the dwfx file within Autodesk Design Review (ADR)?

4)       Could you please attach one of your case dwfx file to this thread?

These can help us to research the digital signature issue.

Our ADR has an issue (I/O error) of digital signature when apply the digital signature to a big dwfx file, so if the dwfx is too big, it is better to reduce the file size.

Silvia

ADR/DWF Customer Support

Silvia Cao
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE- ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 15
victordomain
in reply to: SilviaCao

Hi,

If you like to digitally sign your .DWFx files you can use Open XML Signer available at this link: http://www.signfiles.com/open-xml-signer/

Message 4 of 15
a4schmitt
in reply to: luisveloso

Dear Luís,

We have been experiencing that problem, too.

We managed to replicate the problem since Design Review 2010 up to 2012 (both Windows Xp Pro 64-bit and Windows 7 Pro 64 -bit).

We are able to digitally sign over XP Pro 32-bit. As for the other platforms the software versions are adequate (64-bit) and are able to access the card data (Citizens card with qualified signatures). When we use the aforementioned software (Autodesk Design Review) we have that I/O error with no further messages to try to solve.

I noticed that you do not reply for a long time. Did you manage (or anyone) to overcome this issue ?

Regards.

João Braegger

Message 5 of 15
SilviaCao
in reply to: a4schmitt

Thank you for your reply.

Please check your user name, if it contain the character ‘.’, then remove it and try to add the digital signature again.

Silvia Cao
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE- ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 6 of 15
mmartinmr03

I have a couple of questions regarding this:

1- Has this digital signature problem that you mention with ADR been resolved?

2- Is there a way to sign a dwfx with DWF Toolkit 7.7? if so any samples?

Thanks,

Maykel

Message 7 of 15
SilviaCao
in reply to: mmartinmr03

Yes, the ADR has solved the digital issue. The DWF Toolkit does not have API to add the Digital Signature, you will need to add Digital Signature by ADR.

Silvia Cao
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE- ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 8 of 15
mmartinmr03

Hi Silvia,

Thank you for your quick reply, I really appreciate it.

I have one more question:

My goal is to sign the dwfx programatically. Would the following code using Microsoft packaging APIs be compatible / equivalent to what ADR does to sign the document? If not, are there any samples of doing so? or can you point me in the right direction?

XpsDocument document = new XpsDocument("C:\\A001.dwfx", FileAccess.ReadWrite);

X509Certificate certificate = GetCertificate();

document.SignDigitally(certificate, true, XpsDigSigPartAlteringRestrictions.None);

Thanks again,

Maykel

Message 9 of 15
SilviaCao

Yes, it is compatible to ADR. And after signing the dwfx, you can open the dwfx file in ADR to check the digital signature.

Silvia Cao
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE- ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 10 of 15
mmartinmr03

Hi Silvia,

Sorry to keep asking, but ADR does not seems to be compatible with that type of signature. I have implemented the code above and when I open the document in ADR it does not show as signed and the "View Signature Details" menu is disabled. However, if I open the document in Micorsoft XPSViewer it recognizes the signature and says it is valid.

Also if I sign the document with XPSViewer, ADR fails to recognize the signature. Or if I sign with ADR, XPSViewer fails to recognize the signature.

Is there something I am missing?

Thanks,

Maykel

Message 11 of 15
mmartinmr03

Any ideas on why XPSViewr signature does not validate or eve show up on ADR?

Thanks,

Maykel

Message 12 of 15
lmpmbernardo

yes, autodesk did not implement digital signatures the same way xps did. dwfx is not xps although they are similar and are both based on opc.

this has already been discussed in this forum.

Message 13 of 15

Sorry for rising old thread but could you be a bit more specific (url to the dicussion you are referencing to)?
Message 14 of 15
maxstels
in reply to: lmpmbernardo

Can use DWFToolkit for add digital signature in dwfx file?
Message 15 of 15
philippe.leefsma
in reply to: maxstels

You have to use a Microsoft .NET assembly to do signing, and only with dwfx. It is treated as an XPS or OPC document. The toolkit doe not do signing.

Hope this helps,

Philippe.

Philippe Leefsma
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services