Community
DWF
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWF Viewer for Win Phone 7, Android and iPxd?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Darkyspark
4264 Views, 2 Replies

DWF Viewer for Win Phone 7, Android and iPxd?

Would like to know if Autodesk have plans to offer a viwer App for mobile devices that is independent of AutoCAD WS and project Freewheel, i.e. using local DWF Resources with an Device-embedded DWF Viewer (ADR Funktionality).

I think alot of people have invested in this format, in the knowledge that its far more efficient than PDF and very portable. However, Freewheel and WS require uploads, which does not guarantee privacy or ownership of the DWF Data making it unsuitable for Enterprises due to security/privacy concerns.

Surely Device-embedded viewing of Local Resources would perhaps address these issues, as long as the viewing apps had little unadministrated control over Network Access?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
lundbea
in reply to: Darkyspark

Hi Darkyspark,

Thank you for sharing your idea.  

We have heard of this request from a number of other customers too, and we understand the need for a DWF viewer that works offline too and why it will be valuable.  We may offer this in the future.  

In the mean time, have you seen Project Nitrous?  

http://nitrous.labs.autodesk.com/

It supports DWF viewer in a browser, and includes viewing the files in a partially offline environment (it downloads the file to the browser rather than sending renderings like Project Freewheel).  Please try it out and let us know your feedback on it http://feedback.autodesk.com/cloudservices/products/cloudservices_project_nitrous ).  

Please continue to share your ideas and feedback.

Message 3 of 3
Darkyspark
in reply to: lundbea

Yes I understand the Cloud concept (I think). The problem is still the same tho...namely that I am uploading private, sensitive data to a "Cloud Account" that is then the storage space from which the Design Review App renders my files.

Now, correct me if I'm wrong...but as soon as I have to open an account, someone is administering my account! That person has administrative priviledges to my data. That is precisely what I don't want.

I have a vision of a MObile App, that is completely independent of the Network and cloud services. I will use the hardware on my mobile device, and the DWF Viewer App to access Data saved on a Micro SD card or the device's harddisk.

There is no contact whatsoever with the web.

Am I missing something?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services