DWF

catkinson89
Message 1 of 2 (677 Views)

DWF Toolkit Sample Program Issues

677 Views, 1 Replies
01-08-2013 10:55 AM

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the DWF Toolkit, so I was taking a look through the sample projects, and lo and behold, the "Aggregate" sample project was EXACTLY what I was trying to do (I'm trying to automate merging of all DWFs in a subdirectory). I've found that the aggregate sample project works with most DWFs, but whenever I try to merge multiple files with paper spaces and model spaces, it breaks, sending a DWFXMLDuplicateAttributeException.

My question is, is it possible to merge multiple DWFs that have both paper and model spaces? All I need is the paper space. If it's possible, how would I go about doing it? My thanks to everyone who takes the time to respond to this message.

catkinson89
Message 2 of 2 (667 Views)

Re: DWF Toolkit Sample Program Issues

01-08-2013 01:23 PM in reply to: catkinson89

An update: I've found that by deleting the model view from the DWF files, it merges the PAPER view into the output DWF just fine. Now I need to figure out how to either skip handling the model view, or create a temporary copy of the DWF and delete the model view from it before processing the file.

I also tried getting it to skip the first view (model view) in each file, to no avail, and similarly with the second view (just for testing's sake).

I figured I should include a code snippet from the Aggregate program. It errors out after attempting to execute " pSection->readDescriptor(); ".

DWFManifest::smileyfrustrated:ectionIterator* piSections = rManifestIn.getSections();
if (piSections)
{
    DWFSection* pSection = NULL;

for (; piSections->valid(); piSections->next())
    {
        pSection = piSections->get();
        pSection->readDescriptor();    //<-----THIS IS WHERE IT BREAKS

//
        //  Add the section
        //
        oWriter.addSection( pSection );
    }
DWFCORE_FREE_OBJECT( piSections );
}

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.