Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWF Toolkit Help

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
FT398
3396 Views, 3 Replies

DWF Toolkit Help

OK. I'll start by admitting I have no idea where to start when it comes to using the DWF Toolkit. The only reason I'm messing with it is because I'm after a utility which can merge multiple DWF files into a single, multi-page document from the commandline. Having searched and searched I have drawn a blank on finding such a utility but I have found references which claim that the 'Aggregate' sample within the toolkit will do what I want. I have downloaded the toolkit and also a copy of Visual Studio Express but I'm out of my depth here.

Is there anybody out there who could give me an absolute idiots step-by-step guide on exactly what I need to do to compile the Aggregate sample - or is there anybody who could post a copy of the compiled file?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
SilviaCao
in reply to: FT398

Thank you for your question.

You can run the sample Aggregate by the following steps:

1. (option) Build the DWF Toolkit projects if you download the source files but not binary files.

1.1   Please open the file <DWF Toolkit download dir>/readmefirst.htm, which descripts how to build DWF Toolkit projects and many other information like the DWF Toolkit structure, help document, etc.

1.2   Open the DWF Toolkit Property Sheet file <DWF Toolkit download dir>/develop/global/build/Common.vsprops.

Edit the option “VCVersion” to consistent with the Visual Studio tool. For example, the default value “VC9.0” matches Visual Studio 2008.

2. Open the Property Sheet file <DWF Toolkit download dir>/samples/Configure.vsprops; and edit the settings you want.

2.1 The DWF Toolkit samples Property Sheet DWFToolkitSamples.vsprops inherits from Configure.vsprops.

2.2 For the option “StaticOrShared”,

The default value is “shared”, then in step 1; please build the DWF Toolkit Projects with the configuration “Read-Write WChar DLL”.

2.3 You can edit the “DebugOrRelease” option to build the debug or release dll.

3. Open the sample Aggregate, build and run.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Silvia Cao
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE- ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 4
nathalia.sautchuk
in reply to: FT398

I'm totally newbie in DWFToolkit and I need some help to start using that.

I did the download of DWFToolkit version 7.7 (bin). I didn't do the instructions in number 2 above (SilviaCao).

I built sucessfully the SimpleEPlotWriter example as recommended in the the readmefirst.html. I'm using the Visual C++ 2010 Express Edition. 

But I'm in troubles to start the example. There are some errors:

'SimpleEPlotWriter.exe': Loaded 'C:\Users\KMA2\Desktop\DWF\DWFToolkit-7.7-bin-win32\DWFToolkit-7.7\samples\DWFToolkit\SimpleEPlotWriter\shared_debug_vc10.0_Win32\SimpleEPlotWriter.exe', Symbols loaded.
'SimpleEPlotWriter.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\ntdll.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'SimpleEPlotWriter.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\kernel32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'SimpleEPlotWriter.exe': Loaded 'C:\Users\KMA2\Desktop\DWF\DWFToolkit-7.7-bin-win32\DWFToolkit-7.7\samples\DWFToolkit\SimpleEPlotWriter\shared_debug_vc10.0_Win32\dwfcore_wt.1.7.0.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'SimpleEPlotWriter.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\rpcrt4.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'SimpleEPlotWriter.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\advapi32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'SimpleEPlotWriter.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\msvcr100d.dll', Symbols loaded.
'SimpleEPlotWriter.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\msvcp100d.dll', Symbols loaded.
'SimpleEPlotWriter.exe': Loaded 'C:\Users\KMA2\Desktop\DWF\DWFToolkit-7.7-bin-win32\DWFToolkit-7.7\samples\DWFToolkit\SimpleEPlotWriter\shared_debug_vc10.0_Win32\dwftk_wt.7.7.0.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'SimpleEPlotWriter.exe': Loaded 'C:\Users\KMA2\Desktop\DWF\DWFToolkit-7.7-bin-win32\DWFToolkit-7.7\samples\DWFToolkit\SimpleEPlotWriter\shared_debug_vc10.0_Win32\w3dtk_wt.1.7.1555.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'SimpleEPlotWriter.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\user32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'SimpleEPlotWriter.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\gdi32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'SimpleEPlotWriter.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\shimeng.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'SimpleEPlotWriter.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\apphelp.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'SimpleEPlotWriter.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\AppPatch\AcLayers.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'SimpleEPlotWriter.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\shell32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'SimpleEPlotWriter.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\msvcrt.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'SimpleEPlotWriter.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\shlwapi.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'SimpleEPlotWriter.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\ole32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'SimpleEPlotWriter.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\oleaut32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'SimpleEPlotWriter.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\userenv.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'SimpleEPlotWriter.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\secur32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'SimpleEPlotWriter.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\winspool.drv', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'SimpleEPlotWriter.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\mpr.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'SimpleEPlotWriter.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\imm32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'SimpleEPlotWriter.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\msctf.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'SimpleEPlotWriter.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\lpk.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'SimpleEPlotWriter.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\usp10.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'SimpleEPlotWriter.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.6001.18523_none_5cdd65e20837faf2\comctl32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
The program '[4572] SimpleEPlotWriter.exe: Native' has exited with code 0 (0x0).

Someone have ideas what happening here? Thanks a lot!

Message 4 of 4

Clean the project in Visual Studio and try again ...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services