Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWF to PDFconversion

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
Peksim
297 Views, 12 Replies

DWF to PDFconversion

I love DWF and the Express viewer but a few of my clients are using Macintosh (not currently supported by Express Viewer) and I need a way to quickly convert over 1700 dwf files to pdf for their viewing. Any chance of a solution before Oct 2004?

Thank you,
Peksim
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: Peksim

Set your PDF printer as the default in Windows, select all files in Windows Explorer, right-click and select PRINT? -- Dean Saadallah Add-on products for LT http://www.pendean.com/lt --
Message 3 of 13
Peksim

Print was not an option when I selected all the files in Explorer.
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous

In Windows Explorer... ? -- Dean Saadallah Add-on products for LT http://www.pendean.com/lt --
Message 5 of 13
Peksim

Yes, it is only an option if I open the files.
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous

Then you need to get such an application: ViewCompanion I believe is one. Google can show you more. -- Dean Saadallah Add-on products for LT http://www.pendean.com/lt --
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous

Check out our AcroPlot Pro next week. We're just wrapping it up and it will to DWF to PDF for you. www.cadzation.com If they are in multiple different directories shoot me an email at rmcmanamy@cadzation.com and we may have a program that will search the whole drive for you. -- Rodney McManamy President CADzation ------------------------- rmcmanamy@cadzation.com ------------------------- 518 South Route 31 Suite 200 McHenry, IL 60050 www.cadzation.com Providing Industrial Strength PDF & DWF Solutions to the Global CAD Marketplace. "Peksim" wrote in message news:32391499.1073931633237.JavaMail.javamailuser@localhost... > I love DWF and the Express viewer but a few of my clients are using Macintosh (not currently supported by Express Viewer) and I need a way to quickly convert over 1700 dwf files to pdf for their viewing. Any chance of a solution before Oct 2004? > > Thank you, > Peksim
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous

We have announced a Mac OSX port of the Express Viewer and the DWF Toolkit. This won't be a Windows applicaiton wrapped to run on a Mac, it will be a complete fully integrated Mac port of the Express Viewer (Apple is helping us fully port the technology). The Mac port should be out in the next couple of months. I know that doesn't help you now, but hopefully it will in the future. BTW, it will also be for free. -- tony.peach@autodesk.com ================= "Peksim" wrote in message news:32391499.1073931633237.JavaMail.javamailuser@localhost... > I love DWF and the Express viewer but a few of my clients are using Macintosh (not currently supported by Express Viewer) and I need a way to quickly convert over 1700 dwf files to pdf for their viewing. Any chance of a solution before Oct 2004? > > Thank you, > Peksim
Message 9 of 13
STARFIRE_JOE

I have read you JAN 23/04 reply to DWF and PDF. I have Windows AutoCAD and viewer, client has MacIntosh. He
can not open DWF. In Jan you said it might be out in a few
months. Has it been released yet. It there a beta site to sigh
up for testing of your software.
Looking forward to a "YES" reply.
Thank you, Joe Prelas
STARFIRE DESIGN INC
Message 10 of 13
STARFIRE_JOE

Hello, I have the same condition with my "Client", he has a "MAC", and I windows based. He couldn't open DWF.
A below replay from an AutoCAD person about a viewer for
DWF's on a MacIntosh system, (free) seems the best way to go. There is a "BlueBeam" $119 min version and "PDF Maker",
$45. I tried BlueBeam to make PDF which one client used an
Acobat Reader, on window system and it worked. I sent copy of their PDF to new client, it worked on his Mac. I also sent DWF to Mac client, couldn't work. I will only be doing 10 drawing and do not want to spend even a little. I will be waiting for reply from AutoCAD person on status of Viewer for MAC users. Otherwise time forces me to buy $45 PDF Maker, if I do I will write you, and send example, if I use it.
Joe Prelas -- STARFIRE DESIGN INC
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous

For $45 I would just be done. I'm not so sure the Mac viewer is going to be free. "STARFIRE_JOE" wrote in message news:9008275.1081269645444.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Hello, I have the same condition with my "Client", he has a "MAC", and I windows based. He couldn't open DWF. > A below replay from an AutoCAD person about a viewer for > DWF's on a MacIntosh system, (free) seems the best way to go. There is a "BlueBeam" $119 min version and "PDF Maker", > $45. I tried BlueBeam to make PDF which one client used an > Acobat Reader, on window system and it worked. I sent copy of their PDF to new client, it worked on his Mac. I also sent DWF to Mac client, couldn't work. I will only be doing 10 drawing and do not want to spend even a little. I will be waiting for reply from AutoCAD person on status of Viewer for MAC users. Otherwise time forces me to buy $45 PDF Maker, if I do I will write you, and send example, if I use it. > Joe Prelas -- STARFIRE DESIGN INC
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous

Search the Internet for CutePDF. It is free and works in windows for creating PDF files. It installs as a printer to write PDF's in any application. Works well with AutoDesk products. I use it all the time for customers who ask for PDF files of our AutoCad DWG and Inventor files.. This should get you by until AutoDesk has the DWF for MAC available.
Message 13 of 13
STARFIRE_JOE

Hello Persim, I have also a client who bought a Mac.
AutoCAD was but is now waiting on a delivery of a viewer for Mac OS. BlueBeam is a larger package than I need for over a $100 for the lite version.
At Stables, I found PFD Producer by Data Becker for $50. It provides, like BlueBeam, a printer choice in any windows base program, (mine was AutoCAD). It produces a PFD that came be open by a PDF reader/printer software, which he has on his MAC. Good luck, Joe Prelas

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services