Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Center drawing!?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
177 Views, 3 Replies

Center drawing!?

Is it possible to know if a type of "Center drawing" option is going to be added in one of the coming releases of the viewer? Or if it never is I also would like to know...

With the "center drawing" option I mean a function in the print window that is a complement to the "tile drawing" or "crop drawing" witch just centers the drawing on the paper (it has been discussed earlier on this forum), added to the same list as a third option would be so great.

This is the only thing we here in the office are unsatisfied with, everything else speed and size is amazing, But because of this we cant fully convert from plt to dwf. Just falls on the finish line... such easy thing as print our A1 drawings to A3 in scale wont work.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I am surprised that this is not in there, we have only now discovered the problem you are having, when printing 1:1 full scale from a layout we have no problems, but it goes to pot if you try and print a "to scale" reduction, say 50%. I really can not believe this is the situation!!
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

There appears to be fundamental issues with the hard copy reproduction of DWF files compared to the ease of printing PLT & PDF files to scale either at 100% or 50%, with differing printer/plotters etc. Until this is rectified we just can't move away from PLT files, as much as we'd like to, it's just to much of a headache.
I just want to be able to say to my 50 users and people we send files to, it's easy do this, this and this.....but I can't.
I have seen the posts on reg key additions etc but I can't see where these make a difference.
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

I have since found a reg fix that forces dwfs to be centred and I am once again a happy CAD Manager. Now all I have to do is find a free way to batch plot dwf's 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services