Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows XP SP2 and warning for active content

17 REPLIES 17
Message 1 of 18
Anonymous
410 Views, 17 Replies

Windows XP SP2 and warning for active content

Is there any whay to circumvent this warning that SP2 gives on a html with embedded dwf's? -- Best Regards, Jimmy Bergmark CAD and Database Developer Manager at www.pharmadule-emtunga.com Take a look at JTB FlexReport (FLEXlm report tool) - www.jtbworld.com/jtbflexreport SmartPurger (Purges automatically) - www.jtbworld.com/?/smartpurger.htm or download some freeware at www.jtbworld.com More on AutoCAD 2005; www.jtbworld.com/autocad2005.htm
17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I also have this same problem. We have staff that access drawings using a web browser and this is a major hassle to have to click through several of therse warnings for every drawing they need to view. The larger concern is our B2B users who will become very frustrated by this problem.
Message 3 of 18
Anonymous

I just tried to have this working with SP2 release candidate 2 but still it doesn't work. If this is not solved before SP2 is released DWF Viewer users all over will have big problems. Please look at this. -- Best Regards, Jimmy Bergmark CAD and Database Developer Manager at www.pharmadule-emtunga.com Take a look at JTB FlexReport (FLEXlm report tool) - www.jtbworld.com/jtbflexreport SmartPurger (Purges automatically) - www.jtbworld.com/?/smartpurger.htm or download some freeware at www.jtbworld.com More on AutoCAD 2005; www.jtbworld.com/autocad2005.htm "Jimmy Bergmark" skrev i meddelandet news:40fe61b4$1_1@newsprd01... > Is there any whay to circumvent this warning that SP2 gives on a html with > embedded dwf's? > > id=Eview > codeBase="file:///it.local/FastTrack/ExpressViewerSetup.cab" > classid=clsid:A662DA7E-CCB7-4743-B71A-D817F6D575DF > width=100% > height=92% border="2" vspace="4"> > > > > > > > > > -- > Best Regards, Jimmy Bergmark > CAD and Database Developer Manager at www.pharmadule-emtunga.com > Take a look at > JTB FlexReport (FLEXlm report tool) - www.jtbworld.com/jtbflexreport > SmartPurger (Purges automatically) - www.jtbworld.com/?/smartpurger.htm > or download some freeware at www.jtbworld.com > More on AutoCAD 2005; > www.jtbworld.com/autocad2005.htm > > > >
Message 4 of 18
Anonymous

We are. "Jimmy Bergmark" wrote in message news:410d0f9d$1_1@newsprd01... > I just tried to have this working with SP2 release candidate 2 but still it > doesn't work. If this is not solved before SP2 is released DWF Viewer users > all over will have big problems. Please look at this. > > -- > Best Regards, Jimmy Bergmark > CAD and Database Developer Manager at www.pharmadule-emtunga.com > Take a look at > JTB FlexReport (FLEXlm report tool) - www.jtbworld.com/jtbflexreport > SmartPurger (Purges automatically) - www.jtbworld.com/?/smartpurger.htm > or download some freeware at www.jtbworld.com > More on AutoCAD 2005; > www.jtbworld.com/autocad2005.htm > > > "Jimmy Bergmark" skrev i meddelandet > news:40fe61b4$1_1@newsprd01... > > Is there any whay to circumvent this warning that SP2 gives on a html with > > embedded dwf's? > > > > > id=Eview > > codeBase="file:///it.local/FastTrack/ExpressViewerSetup.cab" > > classid=clsid:A662DA7E-CCB7-4743-B71A-D817F6D575DF > > width=100% > > height=92% border="2" vspace="4"> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > -- > > Best Regards, Jimmy Bergmark > > CAD and Database Developer Manager at www.pharmadule-emtunga.com > > Take a look at > > JTB FlexReport (FLEXlm report tool) - www.jtbworld.com/jtbflexreport > > SmartPurger (Purges automatically) - www.jtbworld.com/?/smartpurger.htm > > or download some freeware at www.jtbworld.com > > More on AutoCAD 2005; > > www.jtbworld.com/autocad2005.htm > > > > > > > > > >
Message 5 of 18
Diane Li

As Jeff mentions, we are working on getting this problem resolved as soon as possible. In the meantime, the following information will help end users get around the messages SP2 displays when viewing a DWF embedded in a web page. (This will also be posted to the DWF Viewer and DWF Composer Support sections of autodesk.com shortly.)

Diane Li
Autodesk, Inc.
-------------------

Issue:

A Windows XP SP2 security alert is displayed when viewing DWFs embedded in web pages with Internet Explorer.

Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) is coming soon, and will include security updates from Microsoft. SP2 raises the default security settings for Internet Explorer, causing an alert to be displayed whenever a DWF is viewed within a web page using DWF Viewer. This happens with both DWF Viewer 4 and 5. It does not affect viewing while using the DWF Viewer standalone.

Solution

To install DWF Viewer on SP2:

When you install DWF Viewer, you will see a message to “Click to install…” Select Install to continue and install the viewer.

To view a DWF on a web page:

When you visit a web page with an embedded DWF, you will see the following message: “To help protect your security, Internet Explorer has restricted this file from showing active content that could access your computer. Click here for options…” To bypass this message and view the DWF,

1. Click on the message
2. Select “Allow blocked content”
3. Select OK in the Enable Active Content dialog to continue

To avoid seeing this message in the future, select the Tools->Internet Options… menu in Internet Explorer. Select the Advanced tab, then scroll down to the Security settings. Select the checkbox labeled “Select Allow active content to run files on My Computer”.

We are working with Microsoft to resolve this problem as soon as possible.
Message 6 of 18
Anonymous

When you say "This happens with both DWF Viewer 4 and 5." does the problem occur with older DWF viewers too? I assume it does.
Message 7 of 18
Anonymous

It does not happen with AEV 3 and I don't think WHIP! or Volo will not have this problem. Ben "aluke000" wrote in message news:18182682.1092931592269.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > When you say "This happens with both DWF Viewer 4 and 5." does the problem occur with older DWF viewers too? I assume it does.
Message 8 of 18
Anonymous

Any progress in solving this issue? Will it ever be possible to sign the DWG Viewer or mark it as safe so the warning doesn't pop up each time. -- Best Regards, Jimmy Bergmark CAD and Database Developer Manager at www.pharmadule-emtunga.com Take a look at JTB FlexReport (FLEXlm report tool) - www.jtbworld.com/jtbflexreport SmartPurger (Purges automatically) - www.jtbworld.com/?/smartpurger.htm or download some freeware at www.jtbworld.com More on AutoCAD 2005; www.jtbworld.com/autocad2005.htm "Ben Cochran" wrote in message news:4124f630$1_1@newsprd01... > It does not happen with AEV 3 and I don't think WHIP! or Volo will not > have > this problem. > > Ben > > "aluke000" wrote in message > news:18182682.1092931592269.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... >> When you say "This happens with both DWF Viewer 4 and 5." does the >> problem > occur with older DWF viewers too? I assume it does. > >
Message 9 of 18
Anonymous

We are in the final stages of resolving this defect for the DWF viewer, due to be included in an forthcoming update. BTW, DWG Viewer is a different product included with the DWF Composer product; you're not really talking about that, are you? "Jimmy Bergmark" wrote in message news:4125c4a4$1_2@newsprd01... > Any progress in solving this issue? Will it ever be possible to sign the DWG > Viewer or mark it as safe so the warning doesn't pop up each time. > > -- > Best Regards, Jimmy Bergmark > CAD and Database Developer Manager at www.pharmadule-emtunga.com > Take a look at > JTB FlexReport (FLEXlm report tool) - www.jtbworld.com/jtbflexreport > SmartPurger (Purges automatically) - www.jtbworld.com/?/smartpurger.htm > or download some freeware at www.jtbworld.com > More on AutoCAD 2005; > www.jtbworld.com/autocad2005.htm > > > "Ben Cochran" wrote in message > news:4124f630$1_1@newsprd01... > > It does not happen with AEV 3 and I don't think WHIP! or Volo will not > > have > > this problem. > > > > Ben > > > > "aluke000" wrote in message > > news:18182682.1092931592269.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > >> When you say "This happens with both DWF Viewer 4 and 5." does the > >> problem > > occur with older DWF viewers too? I assume it does. > > > > > >
Message 10 of 18
Anonymous

DWG was a typo. Thanks for looking at this. -- Best Regards, Jimmy Bergmark CAD and Database Developer Manager at www.pharmadule-emtunga.com Take a look at JTB FlexReport (FLEXlm report tool) - www.jtbworld.com/jtbflexreport SmartPurger (Purges automatically) - www.jtbworld.com/?/smartpurger.htm or download some freeware at www.jtbworld.com More on AutoCAD 2005; www.jtbworld.com/autocad2005.htm "Jeffrey Klug (Autodesk, Inc.)" wrote in message news:41260e91_2@newsprd01... > We are in the final stages of resolving this defect for the DWF viewer, > due > to be included in an forthcoming update. > > BTW, DWG Viewer is a different product included with the DWF Composer > product; you're not really talking about that, are you? > > "Jimmy Bergmark" wrote in message > news:4125c4a4$1_2@newsprd01... >> Any progress in solving this issue? Will it ever be possible to sign the > DWG >> Viewer or mark it as safe so the warning doesn't pop up each time. >> >> -- >> Best Regards, Jimmy Bergmark >> CAD and Database Developer Manager at www.pharmadule-emtunga.com >> Take a look at >> JTB FlexReport (FLEXlm report tool) - www.jtbworld.com/jtbflexreport >> SmartPurger (Purges automatically) - www.jtbworld.com/?/smartpurger.htm >> or download some freeware at www.jtbworld.com >> More on AutoCAD 2005; >> www.jtbworld.com/autocad2005.htm >> >> >> "Ben Cochran" wrote in message >> news:4124f630$1_1@newsprd01... >> > It does not happen with AEV 3 and I don't think WHIP! or Volo will not >> > have >> > this problem. >> > >> > Ben >> > >> > "aluke000" wrote in message >> > news:18182682.1092931592269.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... >> >> When you say "This happens with both DWF Viewer 4 and 5." does the >> >> problem >> > occur with older DWF viewers too? I assume it does. >> > >> > >> >> > >
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous

I was wondering if there has been any progress in getting this significant issue with XP SP2 resolved?
Message 12 of 18
Anonymous

There is a new version of DWF Viewer that solves this even though I still have the problem on one of my PC's. -- Best Regards, Jimmy Bergmark CAD and Database Developer Manager at www.pharmadule-emtunga.com Take a look at JTB FlexReport (FLEXlm report tool) - www.jtbworld.com/jtbflexreport SmartPurger (Purges automatically) - www.jtbworld.com/?/smartpurger.htm or download some freeware at www.jtbworld.com More on AutoCAD 2005; www.jtbworld.com/autocad2005.htm "aluke000" wrote in message news:20378187.1097512124058.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... >I was wondering if there has been any progress in getting this significant >issue with XP SP2 resolved?
Message 13 of 18
Anonymous

I posted this in a few other places but even with ActiveX controls enables, Service Pack 2 introduces a new warning when IE is navigated to a web page which is local to the client's machine (including intranet pages) and which contain ActiveX controls. Note that this problem exists for ANY ActiveX controls and is not something unique to ADV. The solution is that these pages need to contain a "mark of the web" tag which tricks IE into thinking they are internet pages instead (see http://www.bigbangextensions.com/docs/instruction_pages/troubleshooting/mark_of_the_web.html for a detail description of the problem and the MOTW solution). With ADV version 5.0.0.521, we've added this tag to the internal HTML pages which effect our product's UI hence our control itself is no longer throwing the warnings. But if the hosting page does not also contain a MOTW tag, the warning will still get thrown. And again, this is the case for ANY ActiveX control and is not something specific to ADV. hope this helps, Larry "Jimmy Bergmark" wrote in message news:416ab6ee_3@newsprd01... > There is a new version of DWF Viewer that solves this even though I still > have the problem on one of my PC's. > > -- > Best Regards, Jimmy Bergmark > CAD and Database Developer Manager at www.pharmadule-emtunga.com > Take a look at > JTB FlexReport (FLEXlm report tool) - www.jtbworld.com/jtbflexreport > SmartPurger (Purges automatically) - www.jtbworld.com/?/smartpurger.htm > or download some freeware at www.jtbworld.com > More on AutoCAD 2005; > www.jtbworld.com/autocad2005.htm > > > "aluke000" wrote in message > news:20378187.1097512124058.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > >I was wondering if there has been any progress in getting this significant > >issue with XP SP2 resolved? > >
Message 14 of 18
Anonymous

Can anyone tell me why this does not pick up the view in my map:

id="viewer" classid="clsid:A662DA7E-CCB7-4743-B71A-D817F6D575DF"
CODEBASE="http://www.autodesk.com/global/dwfviewer/installer/DwfViewerSetup.cab#version=5,0,0,x"
border="1"
width="700"
height="500" >

It used to work but when I changed it for the new DWF version and added MOTW line the view doesn't come up the whole map shows.
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous

The only thing that looks unusual to me is that you have an x instead of the real version number. perhaps that screws up the cab file's ability to check to see if you need a download or not. It might get hung up in that process somewhere. This answer is based on theory - not experience. I would take out the ToolbarVisible and NamedView tags and start out as simple as possible. I would then add items back in until it breaks again. "psmith" wrote in message news:24240223.1098816264273.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Can anyone tell me why this does not pick up the view in my map: > > id="viewer" classid="clsid:A662DA7E-CCB7-4743-B71A-D817F6D575DF" > CODEBASE="http://www.autodesk.com/global/dwfviewer/installer/DwfViewerSetup.cab#version=5,0,0,x" > border="1" > width="700" > height="500" > > > > > > > > It used to work but when I changed it for the new DWF version and added > MOTW line the view doesn't come up the whole map shows.
Message 16 of 18
Anonymous

Oh, FFS!! The fix in ADV 5.0.0.521 has not been implemented correctly. The mark of the web allows locally stored pages to sign themselves as from a trusted source, but Autodesk have signed everything as being within the internet zone. It may work in some cases, but won't work if you install Microsoft's latest security patches, run SP2, or even just lock down the Internet Zone within IE. If you read Microsoft's articles, a good idea for Autodesk would be to use: and instruct their customers to add autodesk.com to their trusted sites. Instead, Autodesk have used "". If you're still having problems with your viewer, replace this line with the one above and you will find that AEV suddenly works. This change has been documented by Microsoft for several months. I'm not particularly impressed with Autodesk's reliance on IE. See my rant under my post on the 26/10 if you're interested in reading more about this. Ross Smith Network Manager Robinson Construction "Larry Horner" wrote in message news:417e86a2$1_3@newsprd01... > I posted this in a few other places but even with ActiveX controls enables, > Service Pack 2 introduces a new warning when IE is navigated to a web page > which is local to the client's machine (including intranet pages) and which > contain ActiveX controls. Note that this problem exists for ANY ActiveX > controls and is not something unique to ADV. The solution is that these > pages need to contain a "mark of the web" tag which tricks IE into thinking > they are internet pages instead (see > http://www.bigbangextensions.com/docs/instruction_pages/troubleshooting/mark_of_the_web.html > for a detail description of the problem and the MOTW solution). > > With ADV version 5.0.0.521, we've added this tag to the internal HTML pages > which effect our product's UI hence our control itself is no longer throwing > the warnings. But if the hosting page does not also contain a MOTW tag, the > warning will still get thrown. And again, this is the case for ANY ActiveX > control and is not something specific to ADV. > > hope this helps, > Larry > > "Jimmy Bergmark" wrote in message > news:416ab6ee_3@newsprd01... > > There is a new version of DWF Viewer that solves this even though I still > > have the problem on one of my PC's. > > > > -- > > Best Regards, Jimmy Bergmark > > CAD and Database Developer Manager at www.pharmadule-emtunga.com > > Take a look at > > JTB FlexReport (FLEXlm report tool) - www.jtbworld.com/jtbflexreport > > SmartPurger (Purges automatically) - www.jtbworld.com/?/smartpurger.htm > > or download some freeware at www.jtbworld.com > > More on AutoCAD 2005; > > www.jtbworld.com/autocad2005.htm > > > > > > "aluke000" wrote in message > > news:20378187.1097512124058.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > > >I was wondering if there has been any progress in getting this > significant > > >issue with XP SP2 resolved? > > > > > >
Message 17 of 18
Anonymous

Scott - tried both of those suggestions, now it gives me a message saying IE cannot continue and dumps me out completely. The funny thing is that it worked once and would not work again. I tried on 2 other office computers with the same result. I am getting gray fast!
Message 18 of 18
Anonymous

Thanks! I'll give it a try. -- Best Regards, Jimmy Bergmark CAD and Database Developer Manager at www.pharmadule-emtunga.com Take a look at JTB FlexReport (FLEXlm report tool) - www.jtbworld.com/jtbflexreport SmartPurger (Purges automatically) - www.jtbworld.com/?/smartpurger.htm or download some freeware at www.jtbworld.com More on AutoCAD 2005; www.jtbworld.com/autocad2005.htm "Larry Horner" wrote in message news:417e86a2$1_3@newsprd01... >I posted this in a few other places but even with ActiveX controls enables, > Service Pack 2 introduces a new warning when IE is navigated to a web page > which is local to the client's machine (including intranet pages) and > which > contain ActiveX controls. Note that this problem exists for ANY ActiveX > controls and is not something unique to ADV. The solution is that these > pages need to contain a "mark of the web" tag which tricks IE into > thinking > they are internet pages instead (see > http://www.bigbangextensions.com/docs/instruction_pages/troubleshooting/mark_of_the_web.html > for a detail description of the problem and the MOTW solution). > > With ADV version 5.0.0.521, we've added this tag to the internal HTML > pages > which effect our product's UI hence our control itself is no longer > throwing > the warnings. But if the hosting page does not also contain a MOTW tag, > the > warning will still get thrown. And again, this is the case for ANY ActiveX > control and is not something specific to ADV. > > hope this helps, > Larry > > "Jimmy Bergmark" wrote in message > news:416ab6ee_3@newsprd01... >> There is a new version of DWF Viewer that solves this even though I still >> have the problem on one of my PC's. >> >> -- >> Best Regards, Jimmy Bergmark >> CAD and Database Developer Manager at www.pharmadule-emtunga.com >> Take a look at >> JTB FlexReport (FLEXlm report tool) - www.jtbworld.com/jtbflexreport >> SmartPurger (Purges automatically) - www.jtbworld.com/?/smartpurger.htm >> or download some freeware at www.jtbworld.com >> More on AutoCAD 2005; >> www.jtbworld.com/autocad2005.htm >> >> >> "aluke000" wrote in message >> news:20378187.1097512124058.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... >> >I was wondering if there has been any progress in getting this > significant >> >issue with XP SP2 resolved? >> >> > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report