Did you mean: 

Searchable Markups

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
gte250p
1316 Views, 3 Replies

Searchable Markups

Hi,
I'm interested in capturing markups that a user (on the web - so using javascript) has added to a DWF and then adding them to a database table (or set of tables). The original DWF is also being stored in the drawing. Once this is done, I would like to apply the markups back to the original DWF (unedited version) from the database table.

Any suggestions?

I think a key piece of this is the ability to programmatically insert markups into a DWF, but it seems as though that was intentionally left out of the DWF Viewer's public API.

Thanks for your help.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
herbert.he
in reply to: gte250p

Thank you for your question.

Autodesk Design Review currently does not support create/insert markups API.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

-Herbert
ADR/DWF Customer Support

Herbert He
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE- ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 4
gte250p

Thanks for your answer Herbert. I'm aware that you guys don't actively support the API, based on previous posts. My question is that of clarification on this issue. There are two ways I think it could be here:

1) You have it and just don't want to publish it for broad community interests, but don't mind open source developers using it if they stumble upon it.

2) You have it and are actively seeking to protect it - ie, stop developers from using it; of course I can't really blame you if that's the goal.

I have no problem writing to a "protected" or "private" API, and then telling my users that they can't upgrade until I code to the next API (think Java's com.sun packages here). However, if autodesk is actively seeking to protect the markup API, then I can just hack around in the raw DWF/DWFX format and that might be a better route (although obviously more work for me).

So, my main question in this response post is:
If you guys just don't mind a user figuring out the "protected" API and using it (you aren't seeking to protect it), then where is a good place for me to research the FULL set of methods available to Javascript when accessing ADViewer et al, short of firing up the full microsoft C++ debugger on IE and plugins? And I know the answer is not the " [Developer Tools Page|http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=5801732] " that previous posts refer to. (ie, thread [535039|http://discussion.autodesk.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=535039])

Thanks again!
-Brad
Message 4 of 4
lundbea

Hi,
Thanks for the questions. We don't have any API for creating markups, public, private or otherwise.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report