Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

run time error explorer

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
999 Views, 12 Replies

run time error explorer

When I select a file in explorer(also when i need a dwf as attachment for a mail) my explorer craches and I get the error message "microsoft visual c++ runtime library / runtime error explorer" as shown in the JPG-file. The dwf files are OK because i can open it in the dwf viewer.
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

The error you are reporting is a known issue that was introduced with the AutoCAD 2005-based applications, including the DWG Viewer that is included as part of the Autodesk DWF Composer product bundle. This issue has been resolved by the Service Packs that have recently been released for the AutoCAD 2005-based applications.

If you have AutoCAD 2005, AutoCAD LT 2005, or Autodesk Revit 6 installed, you should install the Service Pack 1 for these aplications to resolve the File Explorer crash problem:
(http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/item?siteID=123112&id=4616541&linkID=2475323)

If you have the Autodesk DWG Viewer installed, you will need to apply the Autodesk DWG Viewer Service Pack 1 to resolve the issue: (http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=4864341&linkID=4083878)

I hope this information will help. Thank you for the feedback.

Best Regards,

Scott Lillibridge, Viewers QA
Autodesk Collaboration Services
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous

Thanks, but I use Inventor 9 SP2 and when i did the autocad update I did get another error(file). Is it because i did something wrong or do I need another update.

kind regards

kris
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous

Hi Kris,

The error message that you're now seeing indicates that you are applying the wrong Service Pack for the applications that you have installed. To better help you resolve the File Explorer crash, can you please confirm two things for me:

1) Which Autodesk applications do you currently have installed on the system?

2) Please use File Explorer to navigate to your Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\Thumbnail folder and tell me the version number for the following two files:

AcDwfThmb16.dll
AcDwfThmbPrxy16.dll

Thanks in advance for the assist!

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous

Hi Mr Lillibridge,
1) I use
- dwf viewer (5.0.0.521)
- inventor 9 SP2 (Build: 147, Release: 9 SP2 - Date: Thu 12/16/2004 ) with mechanical desktop and autocad included
- mechanical desktop 2005 (N.63.0)
- streamline viewer ( 5.3.17.7)
- vault( 9.0.66.0)

2) the version numbers are
AcDwfThmb16.dll (16.1.63.0)
AcDwfThmbPrxy16.dll (16.1.63.0)

But this problem problem is a problem for a while now.
And it happens on another computer to,
without latest updates, streamline viewer and vault.

greets

kris
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous

Hi Kris,

Thanks for sending me the additional info. the Service Pack that you need to install to resolve the Explorer Crash issue is the Autodesk Mechanical Desktop 2005 (Autodesk Inventor Professional 9) Service Pack 1 available at:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=4749545&linkID=4189376

There are 2 versions of the Service Pack available -- one for a softlocked version of MDT 2005, the other for an unlocked version. Please try applying the Locked version of the Service Pack first. If you get the error stating that the target application was not found, then apply the unlocked version.

Please let me know if this works for you. Thanks!!

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous

I'm sorry for the late answer but I waited until I was sure.
I think that the problem is solved I had to use the update for Mechanical desktop with Inventor Series instead of inventor professional. The same problem on the other PC is not solved but we are trying.

Thank you very much,

Kris
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous

Hi Kris,

If you can repeat the same 2 checks on the other system that still has the problem, I can point you to the Service Pack that you need to fix the Windows Explorer crash on that system as well:

1) Which Autodesk applications do you currently have installed on the system?

2) Please use File Explorer to navigate to your Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\Thumbnail folder and tell me the version number for the following two files:

AcDwfThmb16.dll
AcDwfThmbPrxy16.dll

Thanks!

Message 9 of 13
conor_kelly

I am also experiencing the same C++ errors as described above.
My Autodesk applications are as follows:
1. DWF Viewer - 5.0.0.521
2. AIP 9 (locked) - Build 147, release 9 SP 2 - date: thu 12/16/2004
3. Mechanical Desktop 2005 / AutoCAd 2005
- Product Ver. N.84.0, Mechanical Desktop 2005 SP 1

4. AcDwfThmb16.dll - Ver 16.1.63.0
AcDwfThmbPrxy16.dll - Ver. 16.1.63.0

Could you advise me, as to which Service Packs I need to install to correct this error?

Thanks,
ckelly.
Message 10 of 13
Anonymous

Hi ckelly,

Thanks for sending me your application information. The Service Pack that you need to install to resolve the Explorer Crash issue is the Autodesk Mechanical Desktop 2005 (Autodesk Inventor Professional 9) Service Pack 1 available at:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=4749545&linkID=4189376

There are 2 versions of the Service Pack available -- one for a softlocked version of MDT 2005, the other for an unlocked version. Please try applying the Locked version of the Service Pack first. If you get the error stating that the target application was not found, then apply the unlocked version.

Please let me know if this works for you. Thanks!!

Message 11 of 13
conor_kelly

Thanks Scott,

But, I have this Service Pack installed, it brought My MDT 2005 from Product Build Ver. N.63.0 to Ver N.84.0.

If I go to reinstall this SP,
I get a message that states my Ver. of MDT is up todate and I do not need to install this SP.

A previous reply above stated the they had to apply the MDT 2005 SP1 for AIS9 instead of AIP9. Should this make a difference?

Thanks again,
Conor.
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous

Hi Conor,

That may be the case. Please try installing the Locked version of the MDT 2005 Service Pack for AIS9 from the following URL:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=4749559&linkID=4183232

Please let me know if you were able to apply the Service Pack successfully. Thanks.

Message 13 of 13
conor_kelly

Hi Scott,

When I try to install the Locked Service pack for MDT 2005, AIS9, it gives me an Error Message that :

"This Service Pack could not be installed because the expected Autodesk Product could not be located on your computer.........."

My PC is due to be wiped clean soon and an new image is to be setup. So, I will have to uninstall AIP9 and MDT 2005 and reinstall with the new setup. I will push to get this carried out over the next 2 days.

What I need to know is:
1. In what Order are the Service Packs to be installed?
ie. After Installing AIP9 & MDT 2005.
Do I first install AIP9 SP 1 the SP 2.
Then install MDT 2005 SP 1.
2. Will I install the DWF Viewer Last?
(after all SP's are installed)

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Conor.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report