Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fit to page issue in printing

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
waterpad
432 Views, 7 Replies

Fit to page issue in printing

I am curious if anybody has had problems with the fit-to-page option under printing. The specific issue only occurs when we zoom into a drawing beyond 999% (up close). The resulting print does not scale the current view area to fit the page, instead the current view is printed in a relatively small box in the middle of the page. I am running the latest version of the DWF viewer (5.0.0.521). Any suggestions for a work-around? Or is this a bug?
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: waterpad

Would it be possible to provide a DWF with some details where to zoom to see the problem. Also, is this problem isolated to a specific printer or multiple printers? If you don't want to post the DWF publicly, you can send it to john dot schmier at autodesk dot com -- John Schmier Autodesk DWF QA
Message 3 of 8
waterpad

I have tried different printers to see of it was a driver issue, but the problem persists on all of the printers. I will go ahead and send you the DWF file.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

Thank you for sending the file. We've looked into the problem and are able to reproduce it. Unfortunately we don't have a workaround for this. -- John Schmier Autodesk DWF QA
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

Unfortunately, this is a limitation of the latest DWF Viewer. It is not able to zoom more then 999%. This is my fault, I did not expect users would need to zoom past 999% Sorry, Ben Cochran Autodesk "waterpad" wrote in message news:19500557.1101851186446.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > I am curious if anybody has had problems with the fit-to-page option under printing. The specific issue only occurs when we zoom into a drawing beyond 999% (up close). The resulting print does not scale the current view area to fit the page, instead the current view is printed in a relatively small box in the middle of the page. I am running the latest version of the DWF viewer (5.0.0.521). Any suggestions for a work-around? Or is this a bug?
Message 6 of 8
Rick Mattingly

Whatever this is Ben, it is a major issue. Looking back through the messages
here I see that a number of people have complained about this shortcoming
with the newest upgrade of the Viewer, including myself. I even see people
asking for access to older versions of the Viewer which did not include this
great new feature (flaw!).

I attempted to resolve the problem by printing to DWF size of 24x36 rather
than 8-1/2x11. Still comes up with the 999% zoom error and simply does not
work. If we can't print 'Fit to Page' what we view the latest version of the
DWF Viewer application is seriously flawed! Unless something is done to
correct this soon we will be forced to drop support for DWF in our
operations here.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

People act like PDF is a bad thing. If it meets your needs, you certainly should use it until DWF meets your needs. If your process involves using a DWG with AutoCAD, generating a DWF and sending it to someone who has DWF Composer, who marks up the DWF, sends it back, and then the original DWG is updated based on the DWF, then you do have a legitimate roadblock. But since this is a print to fit page issue, my guess is that you are using a paper-based process (hopefully printed using Oce equipment). The 999% zoom limitation has been acknowledged as a bug. I am guessing it will get the attention it deserves in the next release. My fear is that update will be too late for your needs. With 32 bit integers, the data points can only be scaled so far. My guess is that 999% was picked for a reason. "Rick Mattingly" wrote in message news:14118360.1102092076004.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Whatever this is Ben, it is a major issue. Looking back through the > messages > here I see that a number of people have complained about this shortcoming > with the newest upgrade of the Viewer, including myself. I even see people > asking for access to older versions of the Viewer which did not include > this > great new feature (flaw!). > > I attempted to resolve the problem by printing to DWF size of 24x36 rather > than 8-1/2x11. Still comes up with the 999% zoom error and simply does not > work. If we can't print 'Fit to Page' what we view the latest version of > the > DWF Viewer application is seriously flawed! Unless something is done to > correct this soon we will be forced to drop support for DWF in our > operations here.
Message 8 of 8
colmag

Don't take this the wrong way, but doesn't this imply that you need to change the scale you print things at in the first place? e.g. instead of setting up 1:100 drawings, setup 1:20 drawings and have more sheets?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report