Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting DWF Drawings to Autodesk Design Review 2010 and higher

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
M36653219
4162 Views, 6 Replies

Exporting DWF Drawings to Autodesk Design Review 2010 and higher

Incorrect Document Name on Canvas Toolbar ( cryptic tempoary filename indtead of document name )

Hello,

I make DWF Exporting with PlotInfo, PlotSettingsValidator etc. as proposed on AutoCAD .NET Developer's Guide.
Everything works fine. DWF Viewer ( ADR 2011 + 2011 ) openend on desktop shows filename ( correct document name ) as it is stored on my PC. ( see picture )
When opening DWF Viewer on Internet - Explorer, DWF Viewer canvas toolbar shows the name of the temporary filename ( cryptic name, see picture 2)

What do I have to change or make to be able to see the correct document name ?

Any Help is appreciated

Thanks in advance

Markus

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
herbert.he
in reply to: M36653219

Thank you for your question.

Could you please attach the DWF/x file which can reproduce this problem for us to investigate in more detail?

Herbert He
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE- ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 7
M36653219

Thank you for your quick response.

You will find as an attachement two pictures and two files( AutoDeskHelp.zip 😞
pic1.jpg: on canvas toolbar you will find the filename "AEM5F7A" instead of DocumentName "PR_EG-FM1276.DWF". The document name corresponds to the filename AEM5F7A.dwf in the folder ..../AppData/Local/Temp.
pic2.jpg: on canvas toolbar the document name is correct. I did not find the reason why this DWF, produced with an earlier version, displays every thing correctly.

PR_EG-FM1276.DWF: dwf file of pic1.jpg  ( NOT correct on Internet Explorer 8, correct on local DWF Viewer )
W3_UG-FM 5.dwf: dwf file of pic2.jpg ( correct on Internet Explorer 8, and local DWF Viewer )

Thanks in advance, Markus Fritschi ( CH )

Message 4 of 7
herbert.he

Thank you for your feedback.

I tested with your dwf file PR_EG-FM1276.DWF, it's correct on Internet Explorer 8, and local Design Review. See attached picture.

Actually, the name on the canvas toolbar is section/page name but not document name.

You can save your DWF file in the web site in pic1.jpg as a new DWF file, and then open it in local Design Reivew. To see if the section name is correct.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Herbert He
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE- ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 7
M36653219

Thanks for your fast reply!.

I got exaxtly the same result as you.
I added a picture to show you in more detail the problem I have.
As you see,
1) I renamed file from PR_EG-FM1276.DWF to 12345.DWF and the result in the toolbar is 12345.DWF.
2) I renamed W3_UG-FM 5.dwf to 67890.DWF and I got the result I wanted: CW W3_UG-FM. ( see picture )

The only difference between the two DWF Drawings: W3_UG-FM 5.dwf ( original filename was CW W3_UG-FM 5.dwf ) was exported with Autodesk.Autocad Interop routine:
Dim ThisDrawing As AcadDocument = DocumentManager.MdiActiveDocument.AcadDocument
ThisDrawing.Plot.PlotToFile(FileLocation)

and PR_EG-FM1276.DWF is now exported with C# NET routine
// Define the plot output
string docName = System.IO.Path.GetFileName(doc.Name);
docName = docName.Substring(0, docName.Length - 4);
pe.BeginDocument(pInfo, docName, null, 1, true, FileName);
as proposed on AutoCAD .NET Developer's Guide ( with some little modifications )

I do not find the trick!!
What do I make wrong or what do I have to change ? I did not find a routine in the DWF Viewer API to change the Section Name( only read only)
In Autodesk.AutoCAD.PlottingServices I tried nearly everything.

HOW can I make the canvas toolbar section/page name independent of the actual filename? ( as with ThisDrawing.Plot.PlotToFile(FileLocation) and thus eliminating cryptic section/page names)

Thanks for you answer and good weekend!

Message 6 of 7
M36653219

Hi,

Strange behaviour
and workaround to display same document name on canvas toolbar  ( section/page name ) independent from filename: Compress file before uploading it to the server!

Perhaps you have a better solution.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I can not compress ( setting compression in Plotter configuration editor ) when exporting DWG - File ( System.AccessViolationException  at Autodesk.AutoCAD.PlottingServices.PlotEngine.BeginGenerateGraphics(Object parameters) )

Message 7 of 7
herbert.he

Thank you for your feedback.

The file PR_EG-FM1276.DWF is old version of DWF format. You can open it in local Design Reivew and then save it in another place with the same file name. The new saved DWF file is you wanted.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Herbert He
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE- ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report