Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors Trying to Read DWF

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mkaake
252 Views, 3 Replies

Errors Trying to Read DWF

I've got a drawing that I need to send to a friend, but as this is my first time working with DWF's, I've run into a world of problems. The first is this:

Unspecified error
[.\AdPage.cpp : CAdPage::Execute : 903]

I have no idea why I am getting this error. I've tried to plot with 3 different ePlot drivers, and each one nets this result (I'm using AutoCad 2000). I tried making a copy of my drawing, and putting everything into 1 layer (which I really don't want to do at all), and that file got closer to opening, but left me with a font error. Even though it said it would substitute (Courier, btw, which I know is installed on the computer), it refused to open the drawing.

Any ideas on what to do?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: mkaake

Please post the drawing or email it to me (jeffrey dot klug at autodesk dot com), and I'll see if I can determine the problem. Thanks. "mkaake" wrote in message news:13701873.1096296889435.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I've got a drawing that I need to send to a friend, but as this is my first time working with DWF's, I've run into a world of problems. The first is this: > > Unspecified error > [.\AdPage.cpp : CAdPage::Execute : 903] > > I have no idea why I am getting this error. I've tried to plot with 3 different ePlot drivers, and each one nets this result (I'm using AutoCad 2000). I tried making a copy of my drawing, and putting everything into 1 layer (which I really don't want to do at all), and that file got closer to opening, but left me with a font error. Even though it said it would substitute (Courier, btw, which I know is installed on the computer), it refused to open the drawing. > > Any ideas on what to do?
Message 3 of 4
mkaake

I found the problem - I had layers with thickness and elevation, for a 3d view. I thought DWF could handle this, but I guess not. Once I flattened everything out (thickness - 0, elev - 0), it worked out okay. Very frustrating though. I thought DWF could handle 3d objects.
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

The DWF format can handle 3D when published as 3D. At this point, only Inventor 9 and a technology preview from ADT supports the DWF 3D spec. AutoCAD proper is considering it, but at present can only produce 2D DWFs. "mkaake" wrote in message news:11617699.1096373974297.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > I found the problem - I had layers with thickness and elevation, for a 3d view. I thought DWF could handle this, but I guess not. Once I flattened everything out (thickness - 0, elev - 0), it worked out okay. Very frustrating though. I thought DWF could handle 3d objects.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report