Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWG TrueView 2011 security risk with included gdiplus version

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
crexrode
1428 Views, 0 Replies

DWG TrueView 2011 security risk with included gdiplus version

We would like to use the DWG TrueView 2011 application, but upon install noticed that an old version of gdiplus.dll is used in the install. Microsoft has announced a security risk with this version. The Microsoft bulletin is MS08-052 http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms08-052.mspx

There is an FAQ from Microsoft that speaks to the 3rd party developer need from MS08-052:
---------------------------

I am a third-party application developer and I use gdiplus.dll in my application. Is my application vulnerable and how do I update it?
Developers who redistribute gdiplus.dll should ensure that they update the version of gdiplus.dll installed with their application by downloading the update provided in this bulletin. Developers are encouraged to follow recommended best practices for using a shared component. For more information on best practices on shared component use, please see the Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 835322 on Isolated Applications.

-------------------------------------------

In our environment, the gdiplus files in question are in C:\program files\autodesk\Autodesk design review\Setup and C:\program files\Autodesk\DWG TrueView 2011.

Is an updated version of DWG TrueView 2011 available that comes with the updated gdiplus.dll files, or is a release currently in development?

Thanks,
crexrode
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report