DWF Viewer

Contributor
hupjack
Message 1 of 3 (290 Views)

DWFs produced somewhat zoomed in

290 Views, 2 Replies
12-30-2009 12:39 PM
So I've setup my CAD environment for my company to produce DWFs from our sheet sets..

Sometimes our drafters will have a sheet zoomed in somewhat before they publish the DWF, and the resulting DWF opens with those sheets zoomed in.

Are their ways to control this?

My thoughts.

1) a quick command to zoom extents on all sheets in the sheet set before producing the DWF
2) an option to ignore the current zoom in acad, and always produce the DWF with all sheets zoomed to the full extents

anybody know if either of these is possible? Already a built in autodesk option anywhere?

I'm using AutoCAD 2009
Design Review 2010

-Ethan
*Dean Saadallah
Message 2 of 3 (290 Views)

Re: DWFs produced somewhat zoomed in

12-30-2009 08:00 PM in reply to: hupjack
PAGESETUP needs to be set to Extents or Layout or View, not Display: that
would be the built-in solution.

Otherwise you will have to customize your AutoCAD environment to do what's
needed first then plot/not publish.

Make sure you are not skimping on user training: there is no technical fix
to that.

--
Dean Saadallah
http://LTisACAD.blogspot.com
--
Contributor
hupjack
Message 3 of 3 (290 Views)

Re: DWFs produced somewhat zoomed in

01-04-2010 12:15 PM in reply to: hupjack
Thanks for the tip Dean.. I had our default page setup profile set to window....

I've been making some video trainings.. and building out our CAD reference manual internally...

training definitely pays dividends. thanks again!

Cheers,
-Ethan
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.