Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWF files won't load.....anymore

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
pflugerjohn
368 Views, 3 Replies

DWF files won't load.....anymore

I accidentally posted this on the general DWF board when I meant to put it here... So sorry for the re-post.

After having WAY too many security problems, adware loads, malware loads, attempted virus loads, etc, we abandoned IE (except for windoze updates) for Mozilla. As an additional security rule, ALL active X in IE is disabled by company edict, except for "safe site" settings for what is required for update (with the update site as the only allowed safe site).

Anyway, the first time I got a DWF file, up popped IE, and I could read the drawing.

Since IE is out-of-bounds for us, I immediately closed it, and downloaded the viewer (Viewer 5). When I fired it up to read the drawings, nothing happened, and I got a bunch of dialogs about needing to allow ActiveX.

I tried allowing Active -X under the local intranet, but I still get the dialog boxes and the files don't open.

What do I need to do to be able to look at those images? Preferably something not involving IE, especially if I have to allow for Active-X anywhere other than in our local intranet, and I'm not too very thrilled about that.

TIA,
JM
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: pflugerjohn

In theory Autodesk have fixed this (at least that's what they told me in an e-mail). We have a IE locked down in a similar way to yourselves and have had problems with the DWF viewer for a long while now. I posted numerous messages here, and was involved in several discussions with Autodesk and was under the impression that this had now been fixed. The short story is that the problem was caused when MS updated their security to prevent local files running scripts. To work around this, in the DWF viewer folder, edit all the .htm files you can find and look for a line similar to: "" This should read: "" If the line exists, replace it, otherwise add the above line to the top of each file. Once that is done, you can add www.autodesk.com to your list of trusted sites, and voila! no more error messages. See my post dated 26/10 for a more detailed explanation of this and my rant at Autodesk - I was not impressed that I had to fix this myself when so many other people are experiencing the same problem regards, Ross Smith Network Manager Robinson Construction "pflugerjohn" wrote in message news:27623341.1105999116471.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I accidentally posted this on the general DWF board when I meant to put it here... So sorry for the re-post. > > After having WAY too many security problems, adware loads, malware loads, attempted virus loads, etc, we abandoned IE (except for windoze updates) for Mozilla. As an additional security rule, ALL active X in IE is disabled by company edict, except for "safe site" settings for what is required for update (with the update site as the only allowed safe site). > > Anyway, the first time I got a DWF file, up popped IE, and I could read the drawing. > > Since IE is out-of-bounds for us, I immediately closed it, and downloaded the viewer (Viewer 5). When I fired it up to read the drawings, nothing happened, and I got a bunch of dialogs about needing to allow ActiveX. > > I tried allowing Active -X under the local intranet, but I still get the dialog boxes and the files don't open. > > What do I need to do to be able to look at those images? Preferably something not involving IE, especially if I have to allow for Active-X anywhere other than in our local intranet, and I'm not too very thrilled about that. > > TIA, > JM
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Thanks for posting the information. I recalled this was the general idea, but I could not recall the specifics. "Ross Smith" wrote in message news:41ee1a99_2@newsprd01... > The short story is that the problem was caused when MS updated their > security to prevent local files running scripts. To work around this, in > the DWF viewer folder, edit all the .htm files you can find and look for a > line similar to: > "" > > This should read: > ""
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

John, A new ADV build was posted last Friday which takes care of your SP2 issues when running the standalone application. "pflugerjohn" wrote in message news:27623341.1105999116471.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I accidentally posted this on the general DWF board when I meant to put it here... So sorry for the re-post. > > After having WAY too many security problems, adware loads, malware loads, attempted virus loads, etc, we abandoned IE (except for windoze updates) for Mozilla. As an additional security rule, ALL active X in IE is disabled by company edict, except for "safe site" settings for what is required for update (with the update site as the only allowed safe site). > > Anyway, the first time I got a DWF file, up popped IE, and I could read the drawing. > > Since IE is out-of-bounds for us, I immediately closed it, and downloaded the viewer (Viewer 5). When I fired it up to read the drawings, nothing happened, and I got a bunch of dialogs about needing to allow ActiveX. > > I tried allowing Active -X under the local intranet, but I still get the dialog boxes and the files don't open. > > What do I need to do to be able to look at those images? Preferably something not involving IE, especially if I have to allow for Active-X anywhere other than in our local intranet, and I'm not too very thrilled about that. > > TIA, > JM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report