Did you mean: 

DWF Deliverables....

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
eviele
244 Views, 5 Replies

DWF Deliverables....

I'm a little puzzled.
We need to deliver DWF files that are Whip 3.1 compatible with layer scale and measurement information.

Would you suggest the DWF55.pc3, or the DWF55eView.pc3?

I also posted this in the ADT5 forum.....oops.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
colmag
in reply to: eviele

I think you need to add the DWF ePlotClassic printer using the add printer wizard.
Message 3 of 6
eviele

really?

does it do something the others don't?

I'm guessing the older .pc3 will be Whip 3.1 compatible....
Message was edited by: eviele
Message 4 of 6
colmag

I had to issue some whip compatible dwf's recently, and this driver was the only one that created them. I think 'classic' means old....!
Message 5 of 6
eviele

Perfect.....thanks for your help!
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

"eviele" wrote in message >>Would you suggest the DWF55.pc3, or the DWF55eView.pc3? These pc3 files generate DWF 5.5 files. There are two of them because AutoCAD handles images differently for these two types of DWF files. Images were rendered with higher fidelity, making the files larger in size, for DWF55.pc3. For users who did not wish to print their DWF files, only view them on the web, a smaller file size could be obtained using DWF55eView.pc3. You don't want either of these. WHIP! predates DWF 5.5. "colmag" wrote in message news:17215328.1108670400545.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > I think you need to add the DWF ePlotClassic printer using the add printer wizard. The DWF files that can be read by WHIP! are commonly referred to as "Classic DWFs" because they are old. These classic DWF files were generated by the video system instead of the hardcopy system which generates the DWF files today. The WHIP! Netscape Navigator Plug-in got its name from the WHIP ADI driver for AutoCAD R13. The R13 ADI driver would dump its display list to a file, so it could be read in by the plug-in. Oh those were the days... We're some so far since then.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report