Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWF 5 and VB.NET - OMG help me please

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Dasboot
470 Views, 10 Replies

DWF 5 and VB.NET - OMG help me please

I have been given the task to upgrade our VB.NET application currently using AEV 3.0 to DWF 5.

The old references AdView and AxAdview no longer work and I can not figure out which ones I am supposed to use now.

The API documentation (if you can call it that) is not much help since it talks about VB(6 I assume) and I think some other version of AEV (4 maybe?) because I do not even HAVE anything called Adcommon.dll -

Can anyone help me? I am such a noob. 😞
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Dasboot

Did you look in all of the distribution folders? You do indeed have AdCommon.dll. AdView is still around as well. "Dasboot" wrote in message news:17653235.1093623542512.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > I have been given the task to upgrade our VB.NET application currently using AEV 3.0 to DWF 5. > > The old references AdView and AxAdview no longer work and I can not figure out which ones I am supposed to use now. > > The API documentation (if you can call it that) is not much help since it talks about VB(6 I assume) and I think some other version of AEV (4 maybe?) because I do not even HAVE anything called Adcommon.dll - > > Can anyone help me? I am such a noob. 😞
Message 3 of 11
Dasboot

DOH! *smacks forehead* I found them and got my form to load and display my DWF files.

Thank you -

Now I have another error occuring. When the form is called and begins to load I recieve several Internet Explorer Script Errors. If I click YES to simply keep running I finally get to my form with the appropriate dwf displayed.

I am not calling any scripts.

The error
"Object does not support this propertyh or method"
occurs in URLs:

file://C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Autodesk DWF Viewer\EPlot\index.htm

file://C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Autodesk DWF Viewer\EPlot\controlpane.htm

The last one happens 1-3 times it seems.

Any ideas?
Message 4 of 11
Dasboot

One more thing....

I get an Error 91 - Object Reference not set to an instance of an Object

everytime I click on the "Reload Sheet" button.
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous

Were you not seeing this problem before in the DWF Viewer and has anything changed on your system? XP SP2 causes a scripting error, though that doesn't seem like the one I was seeing. We will be providing a fix for that soon. Otherwise, I would try uninstalling and reinstalling the Viewer. "Dasboot" wrote in message news:12665920.1093629569584.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > One more thing.... > > I get an Error 91 - Object Reference not set to an instance of an Object > > everytime I click on the "Reload Sheet" button.
Message 6 of 11
Dasboot

The previous version we used was Express 3.1 and it does not appear to have the same funtionality - ie Reload Drawing.

We are using Windows 2000 as our OS by the way.
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous

It sounds like your haven't used the new DWF Viewer without seeing these errors previously. That being the case, I'd try reinstalling. "Dasboot" wrote in message news:17599988.1093634414454.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > The previous version we used was Express 3.1 and it does not appear to have the same funtionality - ie Reload Drawing. > > We are using Windows 2000 as our OS by the way.
Message 8 of 11
Dasboot

I have uninstalled - rebooted - reinstalled and rebooted and still I get the script errors in the htm files supplied in the installation.

The script errors are constant.

index.htm - line 54 char 13
controlpane.htm line 88 char 9
controlpane.htm line 101 char 13

Object does not support this property or method.

Then the drawing opens, however if I click on the "Reload" button the entire program crashes with object not found.

Am I supposed to edit the htm files supplied by AutoDesk??
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous

Hmm. After you uninstall, try going into the install directory, which is probably C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Autodesk DWF Viewer, and deleting it and all its subdirectories. There may be script files in there that do not get removed by the uninstaller and are causing problems when you reinstall. "Dasboot" wrote in message news:21219840.1093877714470.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > I have uninstalled - rebooted - reinstalled and rebooted and still I get the script errors in the htm files supplied in the installation. > > The script errors are constant. > > index.htm - line 54 char 13 > controlpane.htm line 88 char 9 > controlpane.htm line 101 char 13 > > Object does not support this property or method. > > Then the drawing opens, however if I click on the "Reload" button the entire program crashes with object not found. > > Am I supposed to edit the htm files supplied by AutoDesk??
Message 10 of 11
Dasboot

I uninstalled, found 2 DLL's in the directory after the uninstall.

msvcp.dll and msvcr.dll

I deleted them and then reinstalled DWF 5.

After I reinstalled DWF 5, I found that adcommon.dll was nowhere to be found. o.O

I installed again and let DWF 5 install remove the previous version of DWF 5 and this time I have a adcommon.dll

I still have the same scripting errors when I open my form with the DWF control in VB.NET.

:(
Message 11 of 11
Anonymous

Would it be possible to supply me with the original VB code that had ADV 3.1? I will try working with it and see if I have the same problems. Give me a day or so to work with your application. You can send those to john.schmier at autodesk.com Replace the at with @ (you probably already knew that). "Dasboot" wrote in message news:31078005.1093882143202.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > I uninstalled, found 2 DLL's in the directory after the uninstall. > > msvcp.dll and msvcr.dll > > I deleted them and then reinstalled DWF 5. > > After I reinstalled DWF 5, I found that adcommon.dll was nowhere to be found. o.O > > I installed again and let DWF 5 install remove the previous version of DWF 5 and this time I have a adcommon.dll > > I still have the same scripting errors when I open my form with the DWF control in VB.NET. > > 😞

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report