Did you mean: 

Display DWF in Microsoft Access 2003 Report

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
brookfm
1699 Views, 5 Replies

Display DWF in Microsoft Access 2003 Report

Hello everyone,
We used to use the WHIP! control to display and print a dwf file in an Access report. However, we are now using a 64-bit Operating system and can't use WHIP! anymore. It seems that the DWF Viewer control should accomplish the same task but I can not figure out how to make it work.

I insert the Control onto my report and, for testing purposes, assign a static source path. A few things happen at this point:

1. The dwf file is displayed only when I click on the control in the report design view.
2. When the dwf file is displayed, it shows all the toolbars, menu items, etc...
3. When I print the report or simply print preview the report, the dwf is NOT there. It is simply blank
4. Using VB code, I can't get the control to remove the toolbar, change the sourcepath...

What I want to do is simply display the DWF drawing ONLY. That's it. No editing, no multiple tabs, just the image.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks for all your help.
Mike
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
herbert.he
in reply to: brookfm

Thank you for your questions.

For your first question on 64-bit operating system, please try the following steps:
1. Remove the existing DWF Viewer control from your Access report.
2. Add a DWF Viewer control again into your Access report.
Hope this helps.

For your second question about display DWF drawing only, Autodesk Design Review doesn't currently support this function.

Please reply back if you have any further questions.

- Herbert
ADR/DWF Customer Support

Herbert He
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE- ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 6
brookfm

Hello Herbert,
I got the control to display on the report however it always positions itself at the top of the page, right overtop of anything else I had there. I have it in the detail section below a number of items also in the detail and header sections.
Why is it moving itself around?

Thanks again,
Mike
Message 4 of 6
brookfm

Hello Herbert,
There are two controls available for me to use. There is the AutoDesk DWF Viewer Control and the AutoDesk ECompositeViewer Control.

Which one should I be using if I want to display a 2D and a separate 3D dwf file?
Thanks again,
Mike
Message 5 of 6
herbert.he

Thank you for your feedback.

You should use Autodesk DWF Viewer Control.

Please reply back if you have any further questions.

-Herbert
ADR/DWF Customer Support

Herbert He
SW Engineer
PSEB-GE- ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 6 of 6
brookfm

Hi Herbert,
That's what I've been using all along and I wanted to make sure. However, like my previous message says, DWF Viewer Control always sticks the dwf at the very top of the page overtop of everything else regardless of where I want it to go. See the attached Microsoft Access Database file.

I used the Detail_Print event to send the dwf viewer the source path and set the viewer to visible. Change the file path to whatever dwf you want to try it on.

It always stick the dwf at the very top over top of verything else.

Why is it doing this?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report