DWF Viewer

Distinguished Contributor
ssx_Autodesk
Message 1 of 3 (3,915 Views)

Difference between AutoCAD Application and AutoCAD DWG Launcher

3915 Views, 2 Replies
10-18-2010 06:25 AM

why does true view take over dwg associations seemingly by simply opening the application??

now i have to go figure out how to get AutoCAD back as the default dwg app AND have it opening files the way i want.

get it together autodesk.

Message 2 of 3 (3,914 Views)

Re: Difference between AutoCAD Application and AutoCAD DWG Launcher

10-18-2010 08:17 AM in reply to: ssx_Autodesk

Last 'dwg' app started takes over: if you had multiple DOC or XLS or PDF programs they would do the same (unless they are good ones that offer to not do that).

Use Windows' built-in Send-To feature to take control of which app opens what files and when: yes, it requires a right-click.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Distinguished Contributor
ssx_Autodesk
Message 3 of 3 (3,912 Views)

Re: Difference between AutoCAD Application and AutoCAD DWG Launcher

10-18-2010 08:24 AM in reply to: pendean

any app i've used that could potentially switch your default app *always* asks.  the autodesk products are the only ones that do not.

we actually have an old custom app that uses an old voloview dll.  imagine the fun that creates! :smileyhappy:

Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.