Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design review plots

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
mjharveyhicks
1831 Views, 8 Replies

Design review plots

I recently downloaded Design Review so I could plot in house.  It worked wonderfully except that each consecutive plot / print was lighter than the last.  It has now become unreadable.  I uninstalled and reinstalled the product, but no changes.  I reset the pen settings to my own lineweight preferences, but still no changes.  Any suggestions?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Liust
in reply to: mjharveyhicks

Thank you for reporting this issue.

I am sorry that I do not reproduce this issue. Could you please give more information for these question?

1. Does the "plot" mean "adding some markups"? Or print the file in ADR by a printer?

2. If it is a printing problem, what is the printer? Could you please attach your file for investigation?

3. What is your operation system?

-Sting
SQA Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 9

Thanks for your response.  I am running Windows 7.  My plotter is a HP Design Jet 500.  Sending a test print from my printer dialog box results in clear dark crisp outcome.  The files are AutoCad 2000.  I have tried adjusting color related lineweights within the "print" command of your program, but still get plots that are too light to even read, much less present to my clients for review.  Attached is a sample dwg. Thanks again for your response! mjh

Message 4 of 9
Liust

Thank you for your information.

I tried my two printers (HP Design Jet 510 and Xerox Phaser 7760), but did not reproduce this issue.

I opened the file in ADR and printed it more than 5 copies together.

Could you please try to print some files from other applications to see if there is this problem?

-Sting
SQA Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 9
mjharveyhicks
in reply to: Liust

using ADR:  Can't get my layout to show completely.  Paper size is 24x36, but display is off to the left of area I need to plot.  Pan command only moves display around on screen.... thanks, mjh

Message 6 of 9
Liust

I am sorry I cannot reproduce this problem.

Please click the 'Fit to Window' button on the canvas toolbar to show the whole view in ADR.

I printed out the layout page from ADR, like the attached PDF file. Is that your wanted result?

-Sting
SQA Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 9
mjharveyhicks

Yes, that screen is what I need to plot, will try your solution. Thanks.  For non-color plotting, should the choice NOT be "greyscale" since I have indicated specific lineweights for specific colors?  Should I be just plotting "black & white"?  Thanks again, mjh

Message 8 of 9
Liust

Thank you for your question.

Yes, please choose Black and White for non-color printing.

-Sting
SQA Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 9 of 9
mjharveyhicks

Thank-you so very much for your patience with my troubles.  I have usable plots!  Thanks again, mjh

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report