Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design Review 2011 crashed install

16 REPLIES 16
Message 1 of 17
ledmasters
6152 Views, 16 Replies

Design Review 2011 crashed install

When I allowed the Design Review 2010 to update to 2011 version the install locked up so it was aborted. now I cannot uninstall the old 2010 version or install the 2011 version, or uninstall the incomplete 2011 version. Any help on this issue?

Stephen
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
jcoble69
in reply to: ledmasters

I am also having the same problem. I opened up the design viewer program (2010) and it notified that there was a newer version (2011). The install program uninstalled the older version with no problem, but it hangs up when it starts to install the newer version. After a few minutes, I get a message that the install has failed.
Message 3 of 17
ledmasters

I was contacted by a AD support tech on this issue and he was able to help me resolve the problem and get the newADR2011 installed.
I have fowarded your quiry to him.
Hopefully he can help you also.
Message 4 of 17
Liust

Thank you for your feedback.

Please try these steps tp remove ADR completely manually:

1. Please choose "Show hidden files and folders" in Folder Options, because some user files are hidden.

2. Uninstall all Autodesk Design Review and Autodesk DWF Viewer versions from the Add/Remove Programs panel.

3. Remove the folder: "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Autodesk Design Review".

4. Remove the folder: "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\DWF Common".

5. Remove the folder: "C:\Documents and Settings\[UserName]\Application Data\Autodesk\Autodesk Design Review".

6. Remove the folder: "C:\Documents and Settings\[UserName]\Application Data\Autodesk\ADR".

7. Remove its shortcut from Desktop and start menu.

8. Windows start menu -> Run -> type “regedit” and click OK button to open the Registry Editor.

9. Locate to this location: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\], delete the folders [Design Review] and [DWF Common].

10. Locate to this location: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\], delete the folders [Design Review] and [DWF Common].

11. Restart machine.

12. Install Autodesk Design Review again to launch.

If you still have the same problem, please let me know.

-Sting Edited by: liust on Mar 29, 2010 2:37 AM

-Sting
SQA Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 17
jcoble69

It seems that I am having a different problem. I have done all of the suggested actions. However, I think I am having a download issue. I have downloaded the install file and double clicked it. I get a box that has Autodesk Design Review setup at the very top, with Autodesk Design Review and Installation in Progress on the side. Below that it has "Downloading: Autodesk Design Review 2011 (128KB/39300KB) Pending Firefox add-on". At the very left bottom is a progress bar that is not progressing at all.
Message 6 of 17
tflores

I also am having an issue with installing Design Review 2011. It runs the install then gives me the black screen showing asking if I want to open the Read Me file after install, I click Next and it looks like it is downloading but nothing happens after that. I left the computer alone for over an hour and it never finished the install. Typically you get a status bar with a time to install. I have cancelled and retried several times but cannot get the program to install.
Message 7 of 17
Liust

The downloading speed lies on the current network and your network bandwidth. The application will be installed after downloading.

-Sting

ADR/DWF Customer Support

-Sting
SQA Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 8 of 17
tflores

What does network speed have to do with the download not working? I have tried and tried to get this download to work and it will not install. It seems to be getting stuck at the Visual Studio 2008 SP1 C++ download. I have even tried installing this download first to make sure that isn't an issue. I get an error saying the install aborted as it can't install the Visual Studio program.

Is ANYONE else have this issue? I have been trying to get this program installed for almost a week at this point. I have even tried different computers to see if it may be a specific computer issue. I have started with a clean image and still nada...
Message 9 of 17
Liust

Could you please try to download and install the Visual Studio 2008 SP1 C++ standalone from Microsoft Website: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=2051a0c1-c9b5-4b0a-a8f5-770a549fd78c.

If it is installed successfully, please try to download and install the ADR MSI build: http://www.autodesk.com/designreview-download-network.

Please let me know if you have any follow-on questions.

-Sting
ADR/DWF Customer Support

-Sting
SQA Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 10 of 17
tflores

I followed the steps you suggested and it still failed at the first step of installing the C++. We use a LANDesk antivirus program, could the firewall be preventing the download?
Message 11 of 17
tflores

I was finally able to get this to install. Thank you for your help. It was GREATLY appreciated!
Message 12 of 17
johnoeng

shortly after starting the install process I get the following info

Failed to install:
Autodesk Desigm Review 2011 (0x643:internal error)

Windows add/remove seems to think that DWF Viewer 7 is installed, but can not remove it.
I tried to remove it manually using info above for ADR 2010 (which had been running fine)

I would like to be able to review the DWF files somehow - also using Autocad LT 2008

a bit later...

used Windows Install Cleanup Tool and it fixed Windows Add/Remove and allowed a sucessful installation. Edited by: johnoeng on Apr 22, 2010 7:24 PM
Message 13 of 17
wilkinsonam

I am having a similar problem getting ADR to install on Windows 7 64-bit. The .exe installer throws error 0x643, and the .msi installer claims I need Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 installed. This was already installed, but I have repaired it, uninstalled it, and reinstalled it, complete with reboots, to no effect. I also followed your procedure below for ensuring that ADR is completely removed; I only had something to delete at two of the steps.

I've attached the MSI log from my latest attempt.

Thanks for your help!
Message 14 of 17
deakinp

I'm having the same problems.

I have tried to install Autodesk Design Review 2011 on several computers and all have the same problem.

I get to the "Installation in progress..." screen and it just sits there doing nothing.

I have looked at the logs from our proxy server and that shows me trying to connect to "download.autodesk.com:80" and I'm getting a HTTP status of "Service Unavailable".

Message 15 of 17
deakinp
in reply to: tflores

Tested the install at home and it worked fine, it must be our corporate firewall / proxy server.

The install must use some odd ball port settings.

Message 16 of 17
emeijer
in reply to: Liust

Unlike previous version where the install was virtually automatic, I have not been able to get the 2011 version to install. I have tried the suggestions below and removed the various files and registry issues. Although there are no longer any files around, ADR refuses to reinstall or even recreate the folders I removed. The 2011 install disk tells me that the program is installed, the download from the Autodesk site correctly installed Trueview 2011 without and problems and installed a ADR shortcut, which points at "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Autodesk Design Review Firefox Add-on v1.1\npADRdwf.dll", which is the only file it did install. I have already spend most of the day on this issue and am out of time. I use the program to communicate with other design professionals and have found previous versions to be extremely useful.

Design Review does not and has not previously shown up in the add/remove window and I could not use that feature to uninstall the program before removing the files.

Any help to get this to work would be appreciated.

Message 17 of 17
Liust
in reply to: tflores

Hi,

Could you please go to the Registry Editor to find and remove this key:

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\7D4B02D8224399043923932FE716A7F6]

Then try to install ADR 2011 again.

Also, you can refer to this link:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Design-Review/ADR-2011-Suggested-Fixes-for-Installation-Relat...

-Sting
SQA Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report