DWF Viewer

DWF Viewer

riemera
Message 1 of 2 (428 Views)

Database links created in AutoCad, displayed via drawing viewer.

428 Views, 1 Replies
05-10-2010 06:18 AM
Summary:

Attached you will find a copy of an P&ID, displaying reliability corrosion loop “Circuit-Overlays”. We would like to build or create a standardize set of blocks for a “Circuit” reference designations and potentially other drawing symbols. These “blocks” would then be linked via Autocad to our reliability database allowing certain “Corrosion Loop” reliability data to be displayed either via a mouse click or hovering over via a (run type function). Our issue comes in after completion via Autocad can these data values and links still be displayed using a view and not Autocad. We have about 300 employee’s and were just not going to load cad to all PC’s. Even using “network license managers” which would allow CAD per a set number of licenses, we don’t want to maintain AutoCAD as a default viewing program on all site PC’s.

Thanks for answers and/or suggestions....
Employee
hongji.li
Message 2 of 2 (428 Views)

Re: Database links created in AutoCad, displayed via drawing viewer.

05-10-2010 07:37 PM in reply to: riemera
Thank you for your question.

This is an AutoCAD export issue. There is a discussion group that focuses specifically on AutoCAD. I suggest that you can post your question in that group.

Please try to follow the link below for your convenience.
Auto CAD

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance

-Leon Li
ADR/DWF Custom Support

Leon Li
SQA Engineer
PSEB-GE-ACRD PSEB
Autodesk, Inc.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.