Did you mean: 

Application "thumbnail preview" printing issue

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
uwcken
390 Views, 0 Replies

Application "thumbnail preview" printing issue

Hi Guys!

We got a database with information about workflows and cad dwg files stored in it (microsoft access). The access database is very slow with the ole objects (DWG Files) stored in it. Since last month we got Productstream and i put every CAD File into it. Works perfect. So Productstream is the leading System and handling the CAD Data.

Next step i flushed the OLE Objects Tables in the Access Database. The size of the database reduced about 1000%! WOW!

I rewritten the forms in the Access Database and connected to the Productstream SQL Server an read the filename to grab the preview dwf´s as replacement for the deleted DWG Files. While i got the filename i can take the preview dwf in productstream as "preview thumbnail" in my access forms.

All this is working fine an fast, but:

I can´t print it! It´s an access form with 2 DWFViewer Active X Objects loaded dwf Files from the PSP Server.

I tried everything. Embed in new form, in html, different printer, different files, commands etc.. Nothing fixed it. I´m hopeless!

My general idea was to open the DWF Files with the DWF Viewer Active X. This works fine, but i´ve to embed the DWF into a Microsoft Access Form and display the thumbnail preview from productstream with some data of the access database.

I slowly realized that it is not poosible to print Active X Objects correctly. I got the same issues when i am embeding an PDF Document. The embeded object jumps into the left upper corner and won´t be displayed correctly.

A working workaround was making a screen capture (Bitmap) of the form and print it. But the quality is to poor. It is not possible to read the information which is in the DWF file (its not sharp enough).

So gave up hope printing the thumbnail out of ms access. I´ve already started trying with c# and vb.net from visual studio. Same issues here. Not working with the active x dwf viewer plugin.

Can anyone explain me a way to print DWF Files as "preview thumbail" in a form/application? Doesnt matter which language, i´ll gonna fix it. I´m not sure if using the dwf toolkit is necessary...

Would be nice if somebody can handle my problem. Sorry for poor english.

Regards

uwcken
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report